• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Longer Seatbelts

Tractor Dan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My seatbelts are kind of short i guess you could say. They fasten and are functional but they are fairly tight across my chest. I can usually make do however i sometimes have people who ride with me and they have issues. So i'm trying to figure out if there is any sort of solution out there short of buying new seat belts from the dealer? I had a 97 Ranger and those belts always fit comfortable for anyone. Now this 94 they are too short. So any ideas? I'm considering just finding seat belts from a newer ranger and swapping them in seeing as i can get them at a upullit for a reasonable price. So any thoughts or ideas are appreciated.

martin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
They used to make belt extensions, had some for a chevette we used to have. The newer vehicles seem to have longer belts.

XLTsplash

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
A Ford dealership will give you seat belt extenders for your Ranger for free. If they still have them for the older seat belts. I get the for many of the police fleet cars that I work on. If not you can buy them on ebay .Here's a sample you can get 14" http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-1990-1997-FORD-RANGER-SEAT-BELT-EXTENDER-14-/270488978836?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3efa664594&vxp=mtr
or 7'' http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-Genuine-OEM-Seat-Belt-Extender-For-Ford-Lincoln-E3FZ61611C22B-/231433162724?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35e27dcfe4&vxp=mtr
They just snap together like a seat belt.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15

Tractor Dan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Thanks for the info. As for free i would be shocked if they give them for free. Either way atleast i have a simple and easy solution. Thanks folks.

XLTsplash

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Seat belt extenders are FREE. Some of the older part number extenders may not be available from Ford anymore. I just got a pair for our 1999 Explorer a few months ago. Years ago I got a pair for my 1976 Mustang and they also fit my 1997 Ranger. It's crazy people can sell them on ebay when you can get them free. I can understand selling the older extenders if you can't get them anymore. Maybe most people don't know about the free extenders.

AllanD

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987... sorta
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
'93 4.0
Transmission
Manual
It is a safety issue and auto maufacturers give them away for the same reason

that firearms manufacturers give away user manuals for their firearms.

IF doing either thing heads off even ONE Product liability lawsuit it is cheap at the price.

Tractor Dan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I see. Thanks for the info. I'll have to remember that not jsut for me but if i come across anyone else with the issue.

Haywire6000

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo Four Plug Head
Transmission
Manual
They will?
Yup. I went into ford last summer and ordered two for my seat swap(installed 03 seats into my 93 and the buckle part was to short to route through the seat. An extension fixed this) the guy was surprised my truck was still on the Road :headbang:

and it took about three days for them to get them after the order.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals