• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Lifting 2wd

94xlt4.0

Article Contributor
ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.9, 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
blinker fluid is a must on a lifted 2wd, you may even want a blinker fluid cooler to keep the temps down too:icon_rofl:

RollinWOT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1998/2015
Make / Model
Ford/Kia
Engine Size
3.0L Vulcan/GDI 2.0L
Transmission
Manual
See, thats where most people who lift a 2WD go wrong. With the higher altitude of a lifted truck, you're closer to the sun, so your headlight fluid and blinker fluid start to overheat. A headlight fluid and blinker fluid cooler is a must. A good point is also to add a scoop/duct to move clean, cool air towards the cooler. Please keep this in mind all owners of lifted 2WD's.

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
always flush the engine internals with cold water when u drain the oil at your oil change.

Jcookie

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4 cylinder (for now)
Transmission
Manual
Lol WTF hahha u guys had me laughing all the way through this thread hahahah yea he probably is on
Really good dope thanks for
The help guys an suggested tire/rim size? Would let's say 30's **** up my tranny or anything? I'm don't know much about cars or trucks bur I'm learning cut me
Some slack

bcost882

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2000, 2011
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L, 1.6L
Transmission
Manual
yea lifiting a 2wd is way easier cause you dont have to worry about angles as much most wear is eliminated and the parts are somewhat cheaper. most of the wear is on the bearings and that is from the larger offset wheels.......I love my truck.... im not hardcore offroad but it gave me the clearance i needed in the desert in NV to get my quad out and just looked cool in everyday driving.....btw mine was a 3-4inch with 31s

ForOffRoadDriving

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
you could probably fit 30x9.50s on it with no lift at all. i ran mine that way for a year before leveling it and had no rubbing issues.

mp3deviant721

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l of fury
Transmission
Manual
Your transmission and rear end should be able to handle 30's easily. 30x9.50 should fit, I've seen 2wd's with 235/75/15's on stock suspension first hand.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
I was talking to a gearhead friend of mine and he said most people avoid liftin the 2wd trucks because it can screw up ur front end like cv joint wear and just odd things like that...any opinions?:icon_confused:
Your gearhead friend sure don't know anything!!!! I have had both lifted 2wd and 4wd trucks ans SUV's and never had a problem with any of them. I keep my stuff for years to prove it as well!!! If you do something right ...it is done right....most likley you so called gearhead idiot must to shoddy work...stay away from his work...don't let him touch your truck!!!!!

Cody Ray

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Your transmission and rear end should be able to handle 30's easily. 30x9.50 should fit, I've seen 2wd's with 235/75/15's on stock suspension first hand.
What are you doing in my driveway!

scrapper

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
1975 302
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
6+3
Tire Size
33/12.50/15
I got 235/75/15 on mine it runs better with 4.10 gears but 373 work okay. Dont rub or anything ever. I'm going to level front end this week if the weather holds up. You can try the junk yard for a used tires if money is tight or craigs list. The front is only place you will have a problem, back has room to spare. You may need some fallopian tubing and duct tape.:icon_thumby:

killj0y

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l 4 Banger
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Fix it till its broke!
I run 31's and only rub when wheel is on that last 1/4 turn, adn even then its not bad at all. No lift on mine.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals