• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

gear shift knob

remo1967

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda b3000
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I have a 2003 Mazda b3000 5spd I can get the gear shift nop off. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bogdon

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
I think it is a heat and pull straight up, you will need heat to soften up the glue.

Beanmachine7000

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Pull harder!! I'd leave it if I were you though... I wish mine would stay on and not fall off all the time...

99RangerBoss

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
well you do know once you pull it off it always comes off really easily when your hammering through the gears right? but any who i couldn't get mine off when i had to pull the tranny so what i did is unscrewed the plastic base with the cup holders then removed the shifter kind of a pain in the ass but do what you gotta do then i put the shifter in a vice. I tightened the vise at the base of the shifter where it bolts up to the transmission stup then i put i think it was a 5/8" wrench (open end) at the base of the shifter knob then grabbed a BFG and wailed on the wrench as close to the shifter knob as possible and it eventually gave way and oh yeah you got to pull the rubber boot part down from the neck of the shifter so you don't damage it!

polarbear

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Manual
twist the heck out of it

strvger

Reaction score
the land of 2 seasons-Winter and getting ready for
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
if you plan on replacing it and don't care what happens to it, i'd use a big pair of vice grips or a pipe wrench on it and just keep twisting like they said. when putting the new one on, i'd try using Marine-Tex epoxy if you want it to stay permanently. otherwise, maybe the Permatex black silicon adhesive sealant will hold it well enough for you and still be removable. good luck.

martin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Just heat it and it will come right off. To replace it just heat it, sqirt some hot glue inside and put it back. No bfh required.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals