• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

gas petal cable/fan shroud

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8 v6
Transmission
Manual
ok i need a new gas petal cable and i tryed the dealership and they dont have one and cant get one so any one got any ideas on what i should do cuz my petal is so hard to push lol. my motor has been runnin around 210 some times goin down the 4 lane goes up to 230 but it doesnt seem that hot.

will a fan shroud bring down the temp to 200? could runnin just water bring it down and maybe a little bit of anti freeze?

trail B2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
If you can't find a cable used around there I had a 6.5 diesel do that to me once.I went to a bicycle shop and made a inner cable from a bike brake cable.A bike shop has crimps ends that let you adjust the length.

If your over heating on the freeway a shroud won't help you.At freeway speeds your already getting a lot of air through the radiator.

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO carbed with an np435 and np208
Transmission
Manual
Anti freeze will actually keep your truck cooler then straight water will. I would check your thermostat and also see how well your water pump is doing.

enginepaul

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1995, 2001, 200
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Lots of parts for the Ranger are now junk yard only - or ingenuity like the bike shop cable.

You gave temperature readings, so the first thing to ask: the the gauge accurate? The shroud helps when idling, I don't think it will do much good at freeway speeds, the engine should be getting cooler. Try the antifreeze and think about a new thermostat if that doesn't help. If the water pimp is noisy, replace it before complete failure and in hot weather you will want the shroud.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8 v6
Transmission
Manual
i think the thermostat might be bad but i replaced it last year or the year before so there might be something wrong with it. i replaced the water pump at the same time so it should be good. and the gauge should be fine its brand new sun pro i kno sun pro aint that good but its a manual gauge.

for the cable i might have to try the bike cable

i might just try running with out the thermostat till it gets colder out as hot as it runs it should be fine

cckc135r

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8 liters of German fury
Transmission
Manual
You don't want to run without the thermo stat installed. It actually slows the flow of coolant down in the radiator to give it more time to disapate heat build up. The bypass hose allow coolant to flow until the thermostat opens. Try running a cooler thermostat but I wouldn't go less than a 180 as that could also also have an effect on fuel econ. because the computer will "see" the engine cold and try to help warm it up to its programmed operating temp.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8 v6
Transmission
Manual
ill try a 180 but i think thats whats in there now but it might be bad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals