• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Funniest Repair Orders you've seen?

sbsumerix

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
yeah we had a roommate of mine at the univerity of northwestern ohio (an automotive school) we got our roommate to admit he changed the muffler bearings on his truck a few months ago we were sitting around and jokingly saying yeah i need to replace my muffler bearings i can hear them rattling around and then asked him how are those in your truck i hear dodge rams are known for having those go out. and he fell for it and lied to us telling us he had them replaced. the worst part was it was his last session he graduated with an associates degree in automotive technology and thinks he had muffler bearings.

MountainMike

Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
245 CID
Transmission
Automatic
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
My credo
The fun begins where the pavement ends
yeah we had a roommate of mine at the univerity of northwestern ohio (an automotive school) we got our roommate to admit he changed the muffler bearings on his truck a few months ago we were sitting around and jokingly saying yeah i need to replace my muffler bearings i can hear them rattling around and then asked him how are those in your truck i hear dodge rams are known for having those go out. and he fell for it and lied to us telling us he had them replaced. the worst part was it was his last session he graduated with an associates degree in automotive technology and thinks he had muffler bearings.
One of my friends has tailgunner pipes on his snowmobile. He said that he actually has to order bearings for it and the order sheet says "1 piece: Gunner Muffler Bearings" that would be awesome to see!

mwood1985

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
ive had some interesting questions along this topic working at a major u pull it yard in columbia sc.. :icon_rofl:

1. the ever famous(this is one of the times its happened in various ways on a weekly basis.) " yo i need a part fo a 2006 Caddilac Bruick (Buick none of them can actually pronouce it though) Tahoe wit da 351 Foad big block." me trying not to laugh " ah ok sir what part do you need?"
customer stated he needed a transmission. a mopar 727 tourqueflite...thats what would work..:icon_confused: now how to you tell a brotha from the hood hes an idiot and that he cant possible drive a car with 3 different GM manufacturing badges thats being moved by freakin ford motor and a dodge transmission without getting shot? i just went sir please come back when you know more about the vehicle i need the part number off your transmission..dumbass

2. the lady that kept asking for used head gaskets...i finally went out and pulled the freakin heads off a nearby Chevy(yeah it takes a few minutes i did it in 15) and said look its not replaceable....SEE?

3. tires with holes in them... " naw man its got good tread thats a good tire man...." ok sir have a nice day...dumbass

4. the guy that swears he needs the back two doors for a 1989 Caddi COUPE Deville...um ok sir thanks for your dollar admission fee good luck finding back doors for your two door car:thefinger:...dumbass

5. the incredibly sexy Carmen Walton.. half korean/half white girl i knew through a friend that came in in booty shorts and a tank top knowing nothing about cars.. like cant even put gas in them but is gonna pull some parts for her civic. knew the name of the part but not where it was on the car. i went how the hell is she gonna figure out this one? it was my day off but i was at work pulling parts off explorers to convert a 98 ranger to a 2001 ranger style front driveline. so i said come on darlin ill help you find what you need:icon_thumby: 2 hours later shes greasy, after being taught a little bit about cars by me and pulling her own intake(im still proud of her) and she headed home to get a shower for our date that night...haha i guess you could say a honda and a ranger got me the last 14 months of having a sweet girlfriend.. now shes decided on building a ranger for herself...time to break out the ring. thats a keeper

Last edited:

Black'03LevelII

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Manual
haha i guess you could say a honda and a ranger got me the last 14 months of having a sweet girlfriend.. now shes decided on building a ranger for herself...time to break out the ring. thats a keeper
Lucky lucky man! yea I think I would have to ask the same question if I was with a young woman like that!

p.s. I grew up down in S.C. 'bout 10-15 from Paris Island.

mwood1985

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
lol

orangeburg here close enough to The Island. good to hear from you man

fireguy12117

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
i work in an industrial envornment as an electrical tech. its not work orders i deal with, but machine operators picking you off as your working on something else, or walking down an isle way. mind you, according to 'talent management' the min. requirment is a degree, or some years of experience to be an operator.

ive lost count the times i get :
op. 'it doesnt do nothing'.
me. 'is the machine turned on'
op. 'yeah, we tried everthing, it still doesnt start'

i walk over, either control power is off (push the on button moron) or the main disconnect is off (push the lever on, moron).

its that, or emergency stops getting pressed.

me. 'did you check all the e-stops, they will shut down the line if ones hit'
op. 'yeah, we checked everything, it still wont start'

you guessed it...i walk over and pull the detented button out.

these are people that run the same machines day in and day out. its as if they have the memory of a gold fish and its new to them everytime they walk into work.

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
since this post was dredged back up, heres a recent one i got.

needed the rear brake hose for the ranger. went into shucks and asked for the rear brake hose for my '93 ranger and got this:

me: need the rear brake hose for my '93 ranger, 4x4, 3.0
him: (after typing the info into the computer) left or right?
me: no, the rear brake hose.
him: ya, left or right caliper?
me: (trying not to laugh) no, no, REAR brake hose, theres only one, its right in the middle and it goes to a junction that feeds both SLAVE CYLINDERS
him: i think '93 is when they went to rear disc brakes on the ranger
me: no, theyve never put discs in the rear of a ranger
him: well im showing left or right brake hoses
me: ok, thanks for the help. ill go to napa

i dont expect a lot out of a counterman, but seriously?

jdm_farmboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 v6
Transmission
Manual
Well I went to O'reilly Auto Parts to rebuild the rear brakes on my ranger. I asked for 9" brake drums, matching shoes, new wheel cylinders and a brake hardware kit. I got 9" drums, shoes, and wheel cylinders, but they gave me the 10" hardware kit. Stupid people in stores.

One time me and my dad were replacing the timing chain on my sister's 300,000 mile taurus wagon. We got the chain replaced and it wouldn't start. We replaced the cap, rotor, plugs, wires, and coil before we realized that we tripped the fuel shutoff switch pushing it into the driveway with the Isuzu Trooper. Of course with 300k on the clock it could've probably used the tune up anyways.

pacodiablo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
I knew a guy in the dorms that owned an '87 Cherokee 6 cylinder (he had the previously-used vehicle for 3 years at this point). He asked me why he's getting horrible gas mileage, and I suggested proper tire inflation and driving habits.

For the record, he is a 3rd year Mechanical Engineering student that huffed around like he was too smart for everyone else.

It turns out that in the few years he had the car, he never changed or added oil. Insurance somehow gave him $4,500 (how, I don't know) and instead of getting another used car or used drivetrain, he demanded the shop rebuild his motor and prove it.

On top of that, he did not know that his car needed oil...EVER. "It never needed any oil before, so why does it need it now?"

He graduated, and apparently does consulting work. Are you scared? I am.

Keep posting. Some of these stories are hilarious.

Pete
That's not all that uncommon. I'm a marketing major, and my roommate is a mechanical engineering major. Can you guess who changes the oil on the mechanical engineering major's car? The marketing major.

rusty ol ranger

2.9 Mafia-Don
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...
I told a guy at work he had a flat tire on his Forklift (Solid rubber tires). He walked around it 6 times.

later,
Dustin

Beanmachine7000

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I told a guy at work he had a flat tire on his Forklift (Solid rubber tires). He walked around it 6 times.

later,
Dustin
I used to work with my dad at a cabinet shop and we were always pulling jokes one this one guy (Dennis was his name)... I recall one time we sent him to the hardware store for a left handed hammer... Came back with out one and said they didn't have one... I can't remember why, but, for some reason, a cabinet that we built wasn't wide enough, so we sent him to find a "cabinet stretcher"... Strangely enough he brought us back a clamp and tried to use it... Every day it was something, this guy honestly knew nothing about wood working...

rngr4x4beast

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
rofl this thread is hilrious whoever started it your perty smart in my book

MountainMike

Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
245 CID
Transmission
Automatic
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
My credo
The fun begins where the pavement ends
Well I went to O'reilly Auto Parts to rebuild the rear brakes on my ranger. I asked for 9" brake drums, matching shoes, new wheel cylinders and a brake hardware kit. I got 9" drums, shoes, and wheel cylinders, but they gave me the 10" hardware kit. Stupid people in stores.
When I went to a local NAPA store I ordered to rear brake dums for my Omega and two weeks later I got a drum and a rotor. I went up to the counterman and said,
"My order is for two drums, thats a rotor"
He replied, "Yes it is"
I stared at him for about a minute and he didn't even figure out I didn't want the rotor
Me: "Well I don't need it so take it back"

Most complicated return I've ever had

I then went up to a shop to get it safetied and I know the owner so he wrote on the sheet "Replace one rear drum, machine other drum thanks to NAPA":icon_rofl:

I used to work with my dad at a cabinet shop and we were always pulling jokes one this one guy (Dennis was his name)... I recall one time we sent him to the hardware store for a left handed hammer... Came back with out one and said they didn't have one... I can't remember why, but, for some reason, a cabinet that we built wasn't wide enough, so we sent him to find a "cabinet stretcher"... Strangely enough he brought us back a clamp and tried to use it... Every day it was something, this guy honestly knew nothing about wood working...
I actually sent out a friend to Home Hardware see if they had left handed tools and he found a left hand moulded hammer and a screwdriver. Turns out they had them as a special buy thing. What are the chances.:D

Last edited:

gjm4l

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 4cyl
Transmission
Manual
Here's a good one which kinda shows why I stopped working at the dearlership I worked at. About a year ago I was at my buddies shop they had a 96-97ish explorer on the rack from a regular customer and said that it had been at the ford dealership(my ex employer) for a no start and they had discovered no fuel pressure and after having it a few days for diag. had quoted the customer something like a $1200 bill to basically overhaul the entire fuel system. That pissed the fella off so he had it towed to my buddies shop. They had it on a lift for the first time checking wiring n such and I swung by to work on my rig and my buddy says hey you were a ford guy (they prefer imports 'specially toyotas and subi's:icon_confused: break alot for plenty of business:icon_rofl:) why doesn't this explorer have fuel and he filled me in on what happened. So I don't know if its a common problem on these year RBV's or not but in the three years I worked at the Ford place I had 4 or 5 come in with the same problem and it was the fuel pump relay so thats pretty close to where I'd start. So I said have you checked it yet? He said figured the Ford boys did that.......... so in goes a relay and wirrrr goes the pump and vroom!!!!!:icon_bounceblue: holy crap catasrophe averted!! Under $20 fix vs. $1200:icon_surprised: I so don't miss that place:thefinger:

4x4fun

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
really?
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
i ordered a rebuild kit for a 4.3 vortec with pistons and rings .060 over. week later go the kit everything was good but the pistons were standard. called them up. they said i ordered a standard kit. i responded with then why did you send me 60 over rings. ooooo was all i got. after all was said and done i got free keith black pistons, and custom machined oil pump housing bushings for my oil pick up. which my buddy (the machinest ) raped them on the price. and $100 off my order for all the trouble.
and that was the last time i ever called summit racing.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals