• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Flashlight Comparison

daniel3507

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
hahaha. apparently its a rechargeable maglite but the bulb is replaced with some fancy LED.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
SOHC 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
LT265/75/R16
How much did it cost?

daniel3507

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Its going to cost $110.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
SOHC 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
LT265/75/R16
It seems to me that is a lot of money to spend on just a flashlight. Don't get me wrong, it's a sweet flashlight and everything, but think of all the other things you could buy with $110.

tbone

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
i work in law enforcement and have had several different flashlights. had a small surefire that ran on those lithium ion batteries, had a rechargeable streamlight strion flashlight, and a dept issued rechargeable maglite. that surefire was awesome but it runs for an hour and then dies and i cant afford to buy those batteries every week. the streamlight is good for a small flashlight but not excessively bright. i love my maglite. i love it so much i bought a rechargeable one to put in my truck. it comes down to preference. the rechargeable maglite is a great light and can be used for self defense, or to break a vehicle window. and to the fella that said $110 is expensive for a flashlight, you get what you pay for.

daniel3507

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Yeah it isnt too cheap but its also a 900 lumen light which is pretty cool

lone-wolf

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah it isnt too cheap but its also a 900 lumen light which is pretty cool
You got to be kidding me, 900 lumens? Any idea how long a charge will last?

$110 for a flashlight isn't a whole lot, not for one that has 900 lumens. Even 90 lumens would be decent.

Last edited:

daniel3507

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Yeah i was pretty surprised when he said 900 lumens but if it is even anywhere near that, it will be worth it. With Ni-Mh batteries he said you get about 30min of 900 lumen and about an hour and a half of very usable light after that. We will just have to wait and see I guess. Apparently it takes a long time to just get the parts needed.

bmonee5

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
i used to have a rayovac cheeaaap 2d flashlight that when you turned it on you could not see anything in the bulb. I got a 2d LED maglite and when i put those same dead batteries into the maglite it almost blinded me. LED last so much longer and the best thing about maglites are they make a kit that you can make your old maglite's into LED's with a adapter you screw into where the bulb goes.....think about it.

WNY964x4

ASE Master Certified
Supporting Member
Firefighter
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
72-03
Make / Model
Chevy,Ford,BMW
Engine Size
alot of different ones
i have a Streamlight Stinger LED that i bout at Macstavaganza last fall fo $76 (60% discount) , i love the thing , i have one charger in my box and one mounted in the truck , mine has 3 light settings and a strobe feature , it lasts about 6 hours on High , about 9 on medium and 12 on low , i think it was the best money i ever spent

here is a pic of the light and mount/charger in my truck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Ill stick with the streamlights. I have one or the normal streamlight Stinger that i put an led conversion in and its crazy bright and the rechargeable batteries last so much longer than with a normal bulb. It prompted me to buy the stinger LED light as shown in a previous post. Talk about stupidly bright. I can light up the reflective material on license plates in daylight. And the strobe function is kinda neat too. On the down side i will admit i have around 300 bucks in two flashlights, but i use my stinger with the conversion led everyday at work, carry it in my pocket. Everybody at work asks to use it if im around, and i havent found a way to kill it yet. Kinda like the postman, through rain, snow, mud, dropping, falling, beating, and smacking, it has not failed yet.

Frank The Tank

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
I carry a mini-mag everywhere I go on my belt holster. Don't know how I lived without it before.......... you can in fact drive a tractor with no headlights from the field to the shop with one.

Frank

f6boomer

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
I am a certified flashlight SLUT, I've got 'em everywhere, by the bed, in every other room, multiples in every vehicle, headlights, pocket lights, a light on my Glock 22 and lots at work.
I like Stremlight products, Nano keychain light and LED fire Vulcan.
Pelican makes good stuff too.
Now that we have LEDs, there is no reason to carry a big flashlight for light, you can carry a big one for other reasons if it makes you feel warm and fuzzy.
I've bought a lot of the lights at Samsclub but I don't rely on them because the 3 aaa battery carriers inside tend to break if dropped.
Lately I look for lights that have at least a 3 watt LED and use standard aa, c or cr123 batteries.
The latest one is a Fenix LD20 www.fenixlight.com . I like it.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad