• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Flashlight Comparison

daniel3507

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
hahaha. apparently its a rechargeable maglite but the bulb is replaced with some fancy LED.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
SOHC 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
LT265/75/R16
How much did it cost?

daniel3507

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Its going to cost $110.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
SOHC 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
LT265/75/R16
It seems to me that is a lot of money to spend on just a flashlight. Don't get me wrong, it's a sweet flashlight and everything, but think of all the other things you could buy with $110.

tbone

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
i work in law enforcement and have had several different flashlights. had a small surefire that ran on those lithium ion batteries, had a rechargeable streamlight strion flashlight, and a dept issued rechargeable maglite. that surefire was awesome but it runs for an hour and then dies and i cant afford to buy those batteries every week. the streamlight is good for a small flashlight but not excessively bright. i love my maglite. i love it so much i bought a rechargeable one to put in my truck. it comes down to preference. the rechargeable maglite is a great light and can be used for self defense, or to break a vehicle window. and to the fella that said $110 is expensive for a flashlight, you get what you pay for.

daniel3507

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Yeah it isnt too cheap but its also a 900 lumen light which is pretty cool

lone-wolf

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah it isnt too cheap but its also a 900 lumen light which is pretty cool
You got to be kidding me, 900 lumens? Any idea how long a charge will last?

$110 for a flashlight isn't a whole lot, not for one that has 900 lumens. Even 90 lumens would be decent.

Last edited:

daniel3507

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Yeah i was pretty surprised when he said 900 lumens but if it is even anywhere near that, it will be worth it. With Ni-Mh batteries he said you get about 30min of 900 lumen and about an hour and a half of very usable light after that. We will just have to wait and see I guess. Apparently it takes a long time to just get the parts needed.

bmonee5

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
i used to have a rayovac cheeaaap 2d flashlight that when you turned it on you could not see anything in the bulb. I got a 2d LED maglite and when i put those same dead batteries into the maglite it almost blinded me. LED last so much longer and the best thing about maglites are they make a kit that you can make your old maglite's into LED's with a adapter you screw into where the bulb goes.....think about it.

WNY964x4

ASE Master Certified
Supporting Member
Firefighter
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
72-03
Make / Model
Chevy,Ford,BMW
Engine Size
alot of different ones
i have a Streamlight Stinger LED that i bout at Macstavaganza last fall fo $76 (60% discount) , i love the thing , i have one charger in my box and one mounted in the truck , mine has 3 light settings and a strobe feature , it lasts about 6 hours on High , about 9 on medium and 12 on low , i think it was the best money i ever spent

here is a pic of the light and mount/charger in my truck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Ill stick with the streamlights. I have one or the normal streamlight Stinger that i put an led conversion in and its crazy bright and the rechargeable batteries last so much longer than with a normal bulb. It prompted me to buy the stinger LED light as shown in a previous post. Talk about stupidly bright. I can light up the reflective material on license plates in daylight. And the strobe function is kinda neat too. On the down side i will admit i have around 300 bucks in two flashlights, but i use my stinger with the conversion led everyday at work, carry it in my pocket. Everybody at work asks to use it if im around, and i havent found a way to kill it yet. Kinda like the postman, through rain, snow, mud, dropping, falling, beating, and smacking, it has not failed yet.

Frank The Tank

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
I carry a mini-mag everywhere I go on my belt holster. Don't know how I lived without it before.......... you can in fact drive a tractor with no headlights from the field to the shop with one.

Frank

f6boomer

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
I am a certified flashlight SLUT, I've got 'em everywhere, by the bed, in every other room, multiples in every vehicle, headlights, pocket lights, a light on my Glock 22 and lots at work.
I like Stremlight products, Nano keychain light and LED fire Vulcan.
Pelican makes good stuff too.
Now that we have LEDs, there is no reason to carry a big flashlight for light, you can carry a big one for other reasons if it makes you feel warm and fuzzy.
I've bought a lot of the lights at Samsclub but I don't rely on them because the 3 aaa battery carriers inside tend to break if dropped.
Lately I look for lights that have at least a 3 watt LED and use standard aa, c or cr123 batteries.
The latest one is a Fenix LD20 www.fenixlight.com . I like it.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals