• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Excessive water from A/C

Musick17

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Since it is now finally getting hot around here I've been running the A/C a bit in the truck and noticed a whole bunch of water puddling when I parked it.

This was not the regular little puddle of water I would get last summer. This was a come outside and head to my truck and stop in my tracks "holy .... what the heck is that..." kind of puddle. Since it was just water Im not too worried about it.

The one thing I was doing different was that I didnt have it on A/C or Max A/C, it was just the top and bottom blowers with it turned all the way to cold. Would this have some effect on how much water is accumulated?

Is there some kind of seal that could have gone over the winter that would allow more water to be draining out?

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Relative humidity will have the most effect on it. If it is humid but not really hot you get more water.

PanamaExpat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4 liter
Transmission
Manual
When I took my AC unit apart I found it was full of leaves and other gunk. Could be that your drain is partially clogged so that when you stop the truck in one place for a while the water that has built up in the housing drains out.

Here we also have the problem adsm mentioned as we have extreme humidity on a daily basis. Our AC units often start growing a moldy science project inside as they never dry out. This also clogs the drain and next thing you know you have water puddling on the passenger side floor.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
water puddling on the passenger side floor.
This is why I don't suspect a clogged drain. Clogged drains make a puddle going around corners.

MastuhWaffles

11/2014 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
My credo
I need more sleep.
It is due to weather and things like that, mine has done this before, you'll be fine.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

• ryan
    Forum Administrator

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals