• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2005 FX4 Ranger Carnage!!!!

rangerdude91

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.9
Transmission
Automatic
i copied this from my local forum i wrote on first, thats why there is street names

i had a wreck on jefferson in newport news and then on top of that got a ticket for it too. the truck is drivable and i drove it 45min to get home. i was turning on to jefferson and i could have sworn that the was PLENTY of time for me to turn right(on red) and would have made it...well guess what...NOPE this black 98 explorer hits me( my fault really) and takes out my front left side. headlight and headlight bucket gone, bumper is hanging on but all crunched up. left front fender is gone and when i open my door it hits the fender now, and the hood is bubbled too, front grill will need to be replaced. left bumper mount looks a little bent up too. it should be all fixable and i have full coverage too. my girlfriend was with me and everyone was fine. so after the wreck i get a ticket for failure to yield to on coming traffic($100). lost my HID's($120) and now i have to get new bumper lift brackets because they look bent up too. and now i get to drive it to school tomorrow and look like a dumbass

ughhhhhhhh

NW

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
oooooouuch!!! that hurts, good ur ok! and its still fixable

rangerdude91

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.9
Transmission
Automatic
yeah the only thing i was worried about was that the left bumper bracket was bent, but im sure they can fix that

NW

OrangeBowl

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Thats a lousy way to start the week,glad no one was hurt...I love that color,my '05 is silver...Hope you get it fixed up soon!

Slim

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 + 2003
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 and 4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Glad you're able to type about it. :icon_thumby:

Sorry for the inconvenience you have to go through now. :(

babytruck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
bummer! look at the bright side you have an excuse to do a few upgrades; hood, grill, lights? looks like the frames is ok to.. yield next time!!

rangerdude91

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.9
Transmission
Automatic
well this will fix the scratches i had all over that fender, the fuzziness of that headlight, and the few tiny pen size bits of surface rust on the hood. BUT im losing my HID's but i think i can use most of the parts from them and order the stuff i need

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
SOHC 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
LT265/75/R16
Glad you're okay. Only a Ranger could drive home from 2 wrecks!

You should fab a custom front bumper when you repair the damage.

Defective

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I'm glad you didn't get hurt, but you didn't mention anything about the lives you endangered and upset, only yourself.

I feel sorry for the people's lives you inconvenienced for a while because of your inpatients. It sucks to be on the other end too when it's no fault of your own.

Frank The Tank

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Accidents, and mistakes happen.... part of life.

I know it hurts your pride, it was a gorgeous truck.

Hope you get a good body shop like our local guys that will order a custom bumper, and cowl hoods instead of stock garbage at the cost to ins.

Frank

rangerdude91

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.9
Transmission
Automatic
well guess what.....my friend today rear ended me right after i had picked up my girlfriend from school. it didn't hurt my truck because of my hitch, but it put a nice square through his bumper and smashed the end of his hood a little but its all cool.

oh and Defective, i wasn't being impatient, i waited at the like for about 20 secs and when i saw it was clear i went, but i must not have seen the black explorer at night or she switched lanes right at the intersection. AND i did say that everyone was okay

NW

hoosier1104

I'm Awesome!
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 based goodness
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Work hard and play harder
well this will fix the scratches i had all over that fender, the fuzziness of that headlight, and the few tiny pen size bits of surface rust on the hood. BUT im losing my HID's but i think i can use most of the parts from them and order the stuff i need
I can set you up with another set of HID's. PM me if your interested. No mark up and pay for shipping to your place.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals