• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

07 level II YELLOW submarine

MaicoDoug

U.S. Military - Veteran
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger FX4 LVL2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2 inches in the back, not enough in the front
Tire Size
32x11.5x15
The're on their way...
Oiled paper packing +
I sanded the crate with 33 grit sandpaper 'cuz unclegump wants 33s
As compaired to 0 grit sandpaper, which is actually a cinderblock. Works great for "block sanding".
-Doug

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
Thanks Doug...

I'll keep an eye out for them.

PetroleumJunkie412

Official TRS EV Taunter
Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.9l Trinity
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Give 'yer balls a tug. Fight me.

MaicoDoug

U.S. Military - Veteran
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger FX4 LVL2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
32x11.5x15
PJ, great question....

Eibach stocked nothing between 700 & 800 lbs. So thinking that the 700 pound spring would be too soft, I went with the 800 pound model. The spring preload is about 1.25" on the shock body. For a "2.5 inch I.D." spring, there must be another manufacture out there that would stock a 750lb/2.5" spring. The other adjustment is the shock nitrogen preload. I considered going with a "dual rate"spring setup, may still give it a try. Springs are cheap.

Right now with this coilover mod, the front suspension has gained 1.5" of additional travel. I had been having interference issues with the 31 inch tires rubbing the inner fenderwell, currently that problem is solved. So currently after some 5kmi on the suspension lift with these coilovers, I would say that they must be some more adjustment to make the ride a little bit softer. However, not wanting to loose much travel, I am considering adjusting (lowering) the shock preload pressure. Other that that, a winch & a pre-runner style front bumper will weight it down. Which is really the next step now that the coilover modification has proven itself out and the "cement truck" style of ride quality is gone. Getting ready to fab up some longer A arms. But sourcing longer axles are the issues here. There have been roomers of some longer china junk axles. I like to go fast, an old desert racer.

Planning on hauling the Ranger to Durango for some off roading in the very near future. Just an axle dolly pulled behind the F150. I believe that keeping the yellow sub level 2 as stock as possible maybe what happens in the long run, and pickup a 2wd and go crazy with it. The 4wd ones are around. I see them often.

- Doug

PetroleumJunkie412

Official TRS EV Taunter
Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.9l Trinity
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Give 'yer balls a tug. Fight me.
PJ, great question....

Eibach stocked nothing between 700 & 800 lbs. So thinking that the 700 pound spring would be too soft, I went with the 800 pound model. The spring preload is about 1.25" on the shock body. For a "2.5 inch I.D." spring, there must be another manufacture out there that would stock a 750lb/2.5" spring. The other adjustment is the shock nitrogen preload. I considered going with a "dual rate"spring setup, may still give it a try. Springs are cheap.

Right now with this coilover mod, the front suspension has gained 1.5" of additional travel. I had been having interference issues with the 31 inch tires rubbing the inner fenderwell, currently that problem is solved. So currently after some 5kmi on the suspension lift with these coilovers, I would say that they must be some more adjustment to make the ride a little bit softer. However, not wanting to loose much travel, I am considering adjusting (lowering) the shock preload pressure. Other that that, a winch & a pre-runner style front bumper will weight it down. Which is really the next step now that the coilover modification has proven itself out and the "cement truck" style of ride quality is gone. Getting ready to fab up some longer A arms. But sourcing longer axles are the issues here. There have been roomers of some longer china junk axles. I like to go fast, an old desert racer.

Planning on hauling the Ranger to Durango for some off roading in the very near future. Just an axle dolly pulled behind the F150. I believe that keeping the yellow sub level 2 as stock as possible maybe what happens in the long run, and pickup a 2wd and go crazy with it. The 4wd ones are around. I see them often.

- Doug
Doug,

That makes a lot of sense.

Did you wind up putting the extended eyelets on the coilover bodies, or running them as is?

As of right now, I am about maxed on my suspension - combination of #1 bars and a set of leveling keys. Ride quality is that of a brick, combined with a front sway bar links life of a few weeks. So, dropping down an inch or two is the goal, and coilovers seem to be cut out for the task.

Brackets were ordered yesterday.

MaicoDoug

U.S. Military - Veteran
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger FX4 LVL2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
32x11.5x15
Yes, I am running extended eyelets. It's the only way to have anything out and away from the axle. Found them also at https://www.kartek.com/ for 25% of retail. Crazy deal for an OEM Fox Factory part.

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
Torsion bars showed up today...

I haven't un-crated them yet... thanks Doug!

MaicoDoug

U.S. Military - Veteran
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger FX4 LVL2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
32x11.5x15
Don't worry about the splinters, I block sanded the cedar. Enjoy friend.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals