• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Run on water and gas

superdave1984

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
This is not the first sever for the TRS site it has change a few times-August 2007 is when I joined this site----SEPTEMBER 2003 street Truck Of The Month---Where were you in 2003 I was with the TRS
I was busy getting my degree back then. Sorry for the error. I just call em like I see em.

Bryan22

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
94 extd
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
94 2.3
Transmission
Manual
So, what were your results? any gain in milage?

James Denton

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Automatic
I going to try to have everyone sum gas mileage reports by the week end.mine will be on a 81 Ford van 300 6cly this will all be city mileage. My buddy is going to try to get his check out to 88 S10 350 V8----So I guess we all have to wait and see how it comes out.Can't wait can you

James Denton

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Automatic
GAS- MILEAGE -IS -IN-4 more miles to the gallon -----YES THAT----WHAT--I--SAID 81 Ford van 300 6 cly- yes it has a carburetor--(no fuel injection) This truck was run short trips 55-60 mile a hour drove in the country and city I think it did great.-------TO the ones that had told me that this want work ---need to build there own and don't listen to what other people say.Most people spend most Of there time trying to find out why something want work, but never find out if it will work or not---I have never understood that-I spend most of my time to see if it will work or not ------But that's the way I do things.If anyone has any questions about how I built this unit I be gald to tell you.Help you out anyway I can------AND MY HELP IS FREE----wE ALL NEED TO TRY TO FIND A WAY TO GET THE GAS PRICES DOWN

MAKG

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
GAS- MILEAGE -IS -IN-4 more miles to the gallon -----YES THAT----WHAT--I--SAID 81 Ford van 300 6 cly- yes it has a carburetor--(no fuel injection) This truck was run short trips 55-60 mile a hour drove in the country and city I think it did great.-------TO the ones that had told me that this want work ---need to build there own and don't listen to what other people say.Most people spend most Of there time trying to find out why something want work, but never find out if it will work or not---I have never understood that-I spend most of my time to see if it will work or not ------But that's the way I do things.If anyone has any questions about how I built this unit I be gald to tell you.Help you out anyway I can------AND MY HELP IS FREE----wE ALL NEED TO TRY TO FIND A WAY TO GET THE GAS PRICES DOWN
Those are some extremely strong conclusions from extremely sloppy methodology.

A carbureted 300 I-6 ought to benefit from a somewhat warmer intake manifold, for example, due to well-known improved evaporation effects. ANY way of heating the manifold works, such as repairing the always-stuck heat risers.

An HONEST researcher does not take conclusions further than the data supports.

And tell us, what's your control?

You are claiming you actually built a perpetual motion machine.

As for this "you have to try it" bullshit, I will unequivocably guarantee that you cannot fly without an aircraft (whether lighter than or heavier than air). You can try it if you want, but I'll suggest that you pay attention to basic physics instead.

So tell us also, what was your ACTUAL mileage measurement? I can get a 5 MPG increase out of my Chevy by timing it correctly....

I spend most of my time designing systems that actually work. Not building unprovable prototypes.

James Denton

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Automatic
MAKG-------I know what it will do -I don't have to guess anymore I see it for myself----so I'm gald to have your replys on this thread..It don't brother me what you say because you think it want work and I know it will. So We Don't Think A Like That's OK.Or I like to forgot the Actural Mileage Measurement you wanted ---OK the gas line was un hook from the gas tank.I run the gas line in a gallon jug without the hho unit on----the van gets 10 miles to the gallon--is what it check out to be--I put other gallon of gas in the jug and turn on the hho with that gallon of gas it got 14 miles to the gallon------Now in my figures that comes out to be 4 more miles to the gallon----or is it a other way that when you add 10 + 4 =14----I guess I could add wrong there to. .YOU think I did

krugford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I think it's a little early in the morning for you to be forming coherent sentences isn't it?

Proper MPG measurement means you fill the tank, drive for a few hundred miles, record the number of miles you drove, refill the tank, and divide miles driven by the amount of fuel needed to top the tank off again. Then repeat so you can get a running average of your vehicles mileage. Different days (temperatures, head winds, city vs highway driving, how much of a hurry you're in) will result in different fuel economy levels. Your methodology is going to have so much scatter in your measurments that I would argue that your mileage actually decreased with the HHO system on.

You didn't add wrong, you just have no insight into how to properly measure your vehicles fuel economy. This is where all the proof comes from that people will post as gospel in the internet as "proof" that this stuff works. It doesn't.

James Denton

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Automatic
I'm just a old country boy---That's the way we do things around here -This was tryed a number of times with the gallon of gas. This truck is not drove on long trips it's a work van and drove short trips. mileage check -city- highway this is city and country driving What it all comes down to is-----we going to have people to belive in this --and we going to have people that don't ---so to the ones that don't that's there right---:nopityA:---and two the ones that does ---that our right-:icon_surprised:So it up to the way you want to go.-----The --TRUE---is seeing and I know what it will do and .If I can help any of the ones that belive in this I will be gald to.--The faxs are out gas mileage-- and all,you belive or you don't it's up to you.-------I'll still be getting my 4 more miles to the gallon anyway. :D

Last edited:

thegoat4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I'm just a old country boy---That's the way we do things around here -This was tryed a number of times with the gallon of gas. This truck is not drove on long trips it's a work van and drove short trips. mileage check -city- highway this is city and country driving What it all comes down to is-----we going to have people to belive in this --and we going to have people that don't ---so to the ones that don't that's there right---:nopityA:---and two the ones that does ---that our right-:icon_surprised:So it up to the way you want to go.-----The --TRUE---is seeing and I know what it will do and .If I can help any of the ones that belive in this I will be gald to.--The faxs are out gas mileage-- and all,you belive or you don't it's up to you.-------I'll still be getting my 4 more miles to the gallon anyway. :D
What?

James Denton

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Automatic
What----that's right I just tell it like it is.When you build your own you will have no question----if it works or not.When you have it and see it works that's all that matters.

MAKG

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
James, though EPA doesn't go as old as yours, a 4.9L 6cyl E150 van gets an EPA rating of 13 MPG for the worst configuration (3spd auto) in 1985, with a carburetor. With a manual, it's 16 MPG. So, you are probably NOT getting the mileage you should be from the factory, with your modification, and you certainly weren't without it.

EPA estimates tend to be LOW. I can routinely beat them with minimal effort.

I think you made an "accidental repair." Or your measurement is so inaccurate that you really do get EPA mileage without the mod.

gotmudd

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
390C.I
Transmission
Automatic
What----that's right I just tell it like it is.When you build your own you will have no question----if it works or not.When you have it and see it works that's all that matters.
ok, one country boy to another, check your grammer and learn how to spell. oh, and by the way, he may come across as arrogant in the way he talks to people, but Makg has a bullshit detector that can smell bullshit a mile away. if it smells like bull, he will call it, and i respect him for that. hell, i can make water burn by dumping 3oz. of airline antifreeze into a plastic gallon of water, will it increase my MPG, don't know. what i do know is that like everyone has pointed out, your methodology for testing your theory is off base. you need to run a tank of gas without your unit hooked up and record your miles driven. then fill it up again, hook you unit up an run that tank of gas through and record your milage and how many gallons were used versus miles driven. :idiot: :thefinger: :thefinger: :tease:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals