• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Project Life Support.

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
dude lose the ratty bug deflecter.
I love that thing!

But it is getting rather.. destroyed. When I find one in the junkyard I'll throw it out. I can't stand to drive without one.

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Head unit took a dump on me today, I'm thinking I have a wiring problem, one of the connectors must have came loose or something. Thing is, the HU is lodged in place. Nada clue how I'll get it out.

Also, I've added another thing to the build list for this summer, I'll be swapping in a Ranger 8.8 with 3.73 gears or 4.10's if I can find one. Otherwise, I'll stick with a 7.5 and 4.10's/3.73's. 40 dollars at a yard makes me happy, and if it doesn't work or is rough I can always bring it back.

irishblessing

there should be two screws under the radio take those out and youll have to pull the whole bezel out

the ac controls will stay but the radio and the ac vents will come along with the radio and bezel

its pretty tight cause there are clips that hold it in so youll have to pull my suggestion start at the

bottom shale it a little to get it loose then pull from both sides it should pop out

(this is suggesting that your dash is the same as mine which i think it is)

Hazmat Ranger

May 2009 STOTM
U.S. Military - Veteran
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Irish - his dash is different. The Gen III dash started coming out in 94. I have seen some 94's with the new dash and some with the old style.

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
The radio lasts for about 10 seconds now, when I can actually get it to work.

I'll keep trying to get it to turn on until it spits out the CD that's in it, and then pull it out somehow (Pliers maybe? No place to put the removal keys..) and check the wires, if they're all good I'll put the old radio back in and just use my MP3 player when I need music VIA auto reverse in the cassette deck.

Wont be able to do the springs for a while because the trucks gonna be parked at school for the weekend and my fathers truck broke down so any free time he's gonna have will go to that.

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Got some free time since my girlfriend left me so I'm tearing my body to hell doing a months worth of work around the house and to the truck in a day. Frustration pays off.

Put the summer tires on, made it so I can open my tailgate. I have to pull the handle then reach inside and pull the one latch with the panel off the tailgate.

Then I got the truck jacked up and took off the lower shock mount, lowered the axle with the frame up on jack stands and the spring wouldn't come out. Needed those spring compressors after all.

Had to quit for the night, got too dark and I put the spring on wrong.. it needs to be rotated about an inch.

Pics will follow.

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Can you tell which ones are new? 2 of them were replacing 3/4 nuts with 1/2 to match the rest, and the other was because one of the nuts was a stupid car nut.

Tire off and jacked up.. forgot what I was doing here so I had to think about it for ten minutes, ended up figuring out I needed the jack stand under the frame so that when I lower the axle the truck won't go with it.

Old spring. Say bye bye!

Springs out.

That's supposed to be a convex shape, right?

Comparison. Skyjacker coil vs stock coil. I'm guessing one is stiffer since they're both the same length?

Comparison.

While I was waiting for a four way.. I took out my rear lowering kit. Back raised up 3 inches!

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Got the springs put in today, I'm very pleased with the results. Rides better, looks better, doesn't wander on the road, and is almost up to alignment. Still need to bring it into the shop to have them finish it up with being aligned though.

First springs in. Nice skyjacker red. I like.

Too dark outside by the time I got done to get a decent shot. But you can see the height of it.

irishblessing

looks good glad your pleased im rollin with the skyjacker i like them
glad to see it coming together for you keep it up:icon_cheers:

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I just got them because I found a pair lightly used for less than I would pay for replacement coils. Got them for 60 dollars, shipped.

I'm thinking after the next two years are up, I might go 2wd Off Road. Lift it a bit and get some better tires. I'll probably stick with skyjacker if the results become favorable. I like the look of the Ranger higher than with it low. After seeing it slightly going both ways I like it with a lifted personality.

Kdawg532

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6 God's gift to man
Transmission
Manual
looks nice man keep up the good work

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Hopefully I'll be selling my brothers cap today, he said he'd give me 20 bucks if I sold it for 200 for him. I have a Ranger guy coming to check it out today, maybe I'll try to recruit him to TRS. Haha.

I'll be working on selling mine sometime as well, already had someone interested in it but he felt that the cap should fit the outside of his truck perfectly around the outside, when no cap should. No wonder he's having so much trouble finding one. I'm going to try to get 200 out of that one, and that should supply me with the money to order an oil pan and gasket for my truck.

I have a website that I'm not all to sure about, it has a pretty low price on an oil pan, I'll post it up when I get to the other computer today. I don't have it bookmarked on this one. I'm not sure if it's the right pan or not since it's so cheap and the ones I've seen elsewhere run about 70-80 dollars.

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Oil leaks getting worse. God damn I need that job. Leaked out a quart since I topped it off Sunday.

I hate how I'm only 17, and no place around here will hire me until I'm 18. I'm not sure if I'll be able to go to college if I can't find a job..

Kyle M.

GOING FOR BROKE
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Can you see where it is leaking from? I did this once and it worked well for a long term, temp fix. I accually took the pan off, but it could stay on, but I cleaned it up really good, and spread a thin layer of JB weld over the rusted area. It fixed it right up and only cost me a pan gasket, oil change, and a pack of JB weld.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals