• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Picked up an 88' STX....

177CIOfPureLove

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
I agree. The red is a bit much. I am going to keep it like this, just with cleaner interior pieces and parts out of an 87 bronco i just picked up. If somehow I really decide to keep her over the 89' (shudder) i will go through with that. To get the paint nice i use a buffing wheel and surprisingly turtle wax paint oxidization remover, its in a black bottle. Meguire's paste wax over that. Could do my hair in the reflection of 21 year old paint. Never been that lucky lol! No plans for a lift or even tires. I really really dig the stance as is. The leafs are shoottttt but I picked up some a while ago for my truck and never installed. I really like the STX package...

177CIOfPureLove

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
I just got the 1987 Bronco II I picked up for parts running, the 2.9 does not have a cracked head and runs pretty good! Preparing it for surgery, pulling the motor, and parting the rest of the truck out. Doll up and tune up the motor and get it in this truck!!

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Sweet find! Cleaning up really good.. If you haven't already go over the decals with the polisher... You will be surprised that they too have a pretty decent shine...

177CIOfPureLove

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
Hahahah, yeah man, I have ran that buffer over everything but the windows. The motor for her is awaiting better weather to get pulled out of the parts bronco II I picked up. Cant wait to throw the pics up.

177CIOfPureLove

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
One must die so that one may live....no title, floor, or firewall anyway...

Just wanted to show off how nice it is to own a fork lift..... My little brother came outside and felt like taking pictures of me taking the motor out of this turd. Its already cleaned up and ready for paint before i dump it into the STX.

countryboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
u goona put the rims and tires from the bronco on the stx

177CIOfPureLove

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
The problem with the tires is there too big even for the factory lift. They rub the fenders of that bronco, if you were hardcore wheeling you would rip the fenders and quarters out. Also the guy I bought the truck from stipulated I bring him the tires back. He can have them, cheap cracked pieces of crap. Besides, makes the wheels easier to store or sell. Debating putting them on the stx...

177CIOfPureLove

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
Just a few more for fun...

Last one with my dad on the forklift. Tried to temporarily have the biggest Bronco II in all of NJ. Everything, wiring, drivetrain, everything is stripped off of this thing. Parts anyone?

wrecking-crew

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
06 chevy
Make / Model
88 ranger
Engine Size
6 cylinders
Transmission
Manual
ill get back to you if i need parts.
and those windows are $1100 new from glass companies

177CIOfPureLove

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
Okay, I have some of the drivetrain listed up for sale... Really $1,100 for the windows? I wasnt going to save them but hey man, why not? I always figured a Bronco II with those broken would be totalled, I guess I was right!

wrecking-crew

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
06 chevy
Make / Model
88 ranger
Engine Size
6 cylinders
Transmission
Manual
Okay, I have some of the drivetrain listed up for sale... Really $1,100 for the windows? I wasnt going to save them but hey man, why not? I always figured a Bronco II with those broken would be totalled, I guess I was right!
yea. surprised the hell outta me too

and keep all the spare parts you may need. cause you may need em....trust me

177CIOfPureLove

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
Well, it has been a while since I updated this thread, however much has been done. I dolled up that greasy disgusting Bronco II motor, threw a brand new water pump, full complete tune up, as well as a new temp sender and thermostat and sunpro oil pressure gauge (electric) in her. Tore the old crackhead 2.9 out, and installed the other one myself in a day, Might I add the coldest day we had this year....I was sick for about 2 weeks after...lol. Motor was very sludgy from sitting and sitting and sitting with old oil in her, which has cleaned up quite nicely. She had a sticky lifter, I ran it here for about 7 hours with a quart of Marvel mystery Oil, its history. Fixed the exhaust leaks, she sounds real good. Next I removed the bed, replaced fuel sending unit/pump/strainer, the e-brake cables were shottttttt, replaced them with NOS Ford replacements, the leaf springs were shot, see the nice missing leaves.....I took these off of a 02' Ranger years ago for my other truck.....the bolts were seized in my old ones so I never replaced them. Everything works for a reason....Have to bleed the breaks tomorrow morning before work, replaced the line going back to the axle. The front bumper I also installed the chrome one off of the BII. It was not all twisted up like a pretzel like the former black one. New flywheel and slave cyl too.... The previous previous owner had let his daughter drive it, and well, needless to say, what I found in there was not good. The flywheel was so glazed, it had gotten so hot, she began cracking. Used the pressure plate and clutch disc from the BII, good shape. Should have pics uploaded very soon...

jg09

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991, 1992
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
that project is coming along! Shame that the B2 is as beat up as it is, I would've thought that it looked pretty solid from the Exterior pics you posted. I'm definitely following this build up!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals