• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My 87 Ranger I will be restoring soon I want to keep track of my progress and add information as I find it.

Terrys87

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks RobbieD…. I will give that a try.

Terrys87

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
IMG_2625.jpeg

The new Condenser is half the size of the factory one. I just don’t think it will do as good if a job. Don’t think there is a way to see if the old one can be cleaned inside all the narrow passages.
IMG_2624.jpeg

Seems like I get to do everything twice. My new Condenser does not fit. I would need to trim some clearance in the shroud. Not a big deal but I want as close to factory as possible.

RayInStl

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Well, that didn't work. Let's try something else!
View attachment 110703
Never had anything like this before. This is my fender order.
It's a shame it's not a second gen. I have a 92 parts truck with good fenders I would have given to the cause if you were willing to pick them up. I agree, finding good first gen fenders is quite the task. I'll keep my eyes open if I'm at any of the local yards for you.

Terrys87

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks RayinStl... I was just up in your area a couple of weeks ago. Somehow I wind up all over Missouri. You need any parts let me know as I come across them sometimes.

Terrys87

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
IMG_2647.jpeg

A Big Thanks to Awesom-O. I got the Cruise Control Bracket today. I appreciate it. Send me a PayPal and I will get you paid for it. It is in fantastic shape.

Terrys87

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
IMG_2645.jpeg

I got my fender from Amazon. It is made in Taiwan. I have worked with aftermarket on the past. Some were terrible and I really feel some were better made then factory.

am completely satisfied with the packaging of this fender. I then looked at the inner brackets and it really looks to be a great fender. It made by Tang Yong. The seller is Koolzap. I am looking forward to seeing how the fitment is.
IMG_2646.jpeg

All the inner structures look to be factory.

Last edited:

Terrys87

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
I went ahead and installed the Condenser that is half the thickness of factory. I just don’t see how I could get all the runs cleaned in the original and not knowing its condition.

I could guess at how much Freon to add but am having a local shop to do it for me. I also installed a new Compressor. I still have all the components with the plugs to keep moist air out of the system.

I am going to try in about a month to take some vacation to get it painted and other odds and ends. Still got plenty to do until then and accumulate parts and materials.

Last edited:

RobbieD

2.9l Mafia
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Toonces drives a Ranger . . . . just not very well.
That fender actually looks pretty good.

Awesom-O

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
That fender actually looks pretty good.
I have those fenders from Tong Yang. The stampings are very prominent and some lines are harsher than factory. I chose to fix my front OEM fender, but have these for the BII and will be using them.

Last edited:

Terrys87

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Hello Robbie D... I am quite impressed with these fenders for replacement fenders. I am having one small issue but until I can find a factory fender it will work. I know a guy that might could tweak the little bit that I cant just cant get just right.

Hello Awesom-O.. These fenders are really great quality. If I can get them to sit a little further back by the door, I would stay with them. I will eventually find a salvage fender in the yards around here. But all in all I am really happy with the replacement.

Terrys87

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
IMG_2655.jpeg

I am finally getting around to getting my aftermarket fender on. I need to get two nut/ clips to hold the rear and top fender bolts on as mine were rusted up and broke.
IMG_2657.jpeg

I did have to do a little grinding to get the fender to sit against the body a little tighter.
IMG_2658.jpeg

I am going to need two nut/clips to completely finish the job but I think this fender can work. Taiwan parts can get a bad rap but I have seen some great parts too. Got some surface rust that broke thru the primer and plan on getting it knocked off this weekend. Probably still going to be a month or two before I get it in paint. I’m ready for that to happen.

Terrys87

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
I know some can have a hard time finding fenders, but Tong Yang, Overall, I am really happy witht he quality of the fender. I have seen some really junk replacement fenders but these are proabaly about as best as you are going to find. Original is best.

Awesom-O

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I know some can have a hard time finding fenders, but Tong Yang, Overall, I am really happy witht he quality of the fender. I have seen some really junk replacement fenders but these are proabaly about as best as you are going to find. Original is best.
Yeah I think they are going to be fine on my BII build. I got one for each side as I stated earlier the first gen fenders OEM are rare as hens teeth in good shape around my area. Either rusted or severely dented or cut out for large tires. Glad to hear it’s going good on your build. I’m almost ready for paint myself and can’t wait.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals