• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My 1998 Splash

Ripplechip00Z

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.5L 4 cyl.
Transmission
Manual
Yay new power steering pump!!! Even though it hasnt stopped making noise I'm hoping it will quiet down once all of the air gets worked out. And if it doesnt well then I have no idea whats causing the noise...

Ripplechip00Z

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.5L 4 cyl.
Transmission
Manual
Ok so the new power steering pump still makes a bunch of noise but I can deal with that for now i guess. A bearing in my alternator has started whine and I found a leak in my exhaust while going through the Timmie Ho's drive through the other day. I think it's in my exhaust manifold cuz its the only part of my exhaust that isn't redone and it could be the reason why I keep getting the code P0171.

Anyone have a header for the 98 - 01 Rangers??

Started to paint my bumper yesterday. I have to strip it down to the metal to get rid of all the rust and since the special goo I need to put on is at school it has to sit and cover itself in surface rust for the rest of the long weekend... Gunna look sweet when it's all done though!

It finally warmed up enough to get my rainguards on the windows and since most of the snow is gone now I put my summer tires on the back of the truck. I also made an appointment to lower the Ranger on the 28th! Yay!

Pictures tom'w!!

Ripplechip00Z

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.5L 4 cyl.
Transmission
Manual
Here are the pictures as promised.

IN PROGRESS....

And the pictures of a shiny clean truck. Including rear summer tires and rain guards.

Went out to the salvage yard yesterday and picked up these babies as well as the speaker cover/mounts for the back speakers. So instead of just getting rid of the speakers in the boxes I already have I am putting dual rear speakers in. Gunna sound sweet! I'll get pictures of the setup when I finish it all. Hopefully today.

Ripplechip00Z

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.5L 4 cyl.
Transmission
Manual
All right Ladies and Gents... Are you ready for this!!??

v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v

Taadddaaaa! All lowered and everything. New paint on the bumper too but it makes the rest of the truck look like junk...

<- before & after ->

And the bumper... I know it's a huge picture but photobucket won't re-save the resizing or something messed up like that. Now I just have to get around to painting the valance and it will be all put together! YAY!:yahoo:

Decker

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Truck is looking good! Personally, I would swap out your mirrors to later model ones to get rid of those cruddy stock looking ones. I'm pretty sure that the mirrors up through the latest ones will bolt in (I know someone will correct this if I'm wrong.) I personally like these the best:

Link to the page: Mirors

Ripplechip00Z

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.5L 4 cyl.
Transmission
Manual
These ones are my favorite but I have to find a new website cuz apparently if you live in Canada you can't order off of Autoanything.com

Ripplechip00Z

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.5L 4 cyl.
Transmission
Manual
It's been a while TRS but I'm back. For a while hardly anything got done on Dave. Now that I'm in college I know what broke really is so with no money comes no swag for the truck. But since the last post some progress has been made although small.

The good

The rest of my spark plugs finally got replaced
I painted the valve cover
The tailgate handle also got painted black

The bad

My sub blew up
The valance has yet to be installed
Still no new mirrors
Needs a new Catalytic Converter cuz it rattles around inside
The muffler rubs on the drive shaft
Camber is maxed out at 2 degrees negative

Pictures coming soon

MountainMike

Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
245 CID
Transmission
Automatic
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
My credo
The fun begins where the pavement ends
Check around your town for any company that deals with GrandWest Accessories in Sask. They have those mirrors. I know we can get them at our dealership.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals