• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My 1998 Splash

Ripplechip00Z

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.5L 4 cyl.
Transmission
Manual
Well, I washed Ranger Dave today. It was a complete waste of an hour...:annoyed: The snow decided to melt today so as soon as I got it outside he was covered in mud again.:bawling: I also found a nasty surprise on the inside of my drivers side window. It was covered in a mixture or window tint glue and cigarette smoke courtesy of the previous owner.:annoyed: I used everything from rubbing alcohol to brake clean and the only thing that worked was a razor blade.

I found out more on my bumper valance too. It won't be at the school 'til Friday but since the gr.12's get the day off I won't have it until Monday. I think I have decided on using multiple coats of vinyl paint and cross my fingers that it sticks.

Im excited for the snow to be gone cuz this means I can put my low profile street tires back on!!!!:yahoo:

Ripplechip00Z

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.5L 4 cyl.
Transmission
Manual
Went to the local suspension place and talked to them about getting my coils cut and the leafs de-arced as I cannot do this stuff at the school shop and I don't have access to the tools I would need to do it outside the school shop. They said it's no problem to get it done and I might even get it at some kinda deal, which would be sweet!

I'm thinkin about going down about 2 inches and as soon all of the snow is gone and I can get the low pro tires on the back I'll be going back and getting a for sure quote!!

Whoo Hoo for progress... well thinking about making progress anyways...

This what I hope to achieve by lowering it. Only not the red color and I'm pretty sure my rims are a couple inches smaller:icon_confused:

Ripplechip00Z

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.5L 4 cyl.
Transmission
Manual
Ok so now I'm starting to get super pi**ed! Again I got the wrong valance. Whoever this company is that the school is ordering from is a joke. I have the bumper with fog lights holes in it and this time I got the base model piece of junk that I did not want.
They sent me this one (above)

And I need this one (above)

MountainMike

Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
245 CID
Transmission
Automatic
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
My credo
The fun begins where the pavement ends
That really sucks about the valence. A really awesome place to deal with is probodyparts in Edmonton. Using there online site I've never had an issue with them, I ordered up a set of 06+ style mirrors for my 93 and the quality looks pretty good.

Your truck looks pretty good so far. I really like the looks of the roll pan on the flare side. Seeing that exhaust is starting to make me reconsider my planned side dump.

Ripplechip00Z

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.5L 4 cyl.
Transmission
Manual
UPDATES!!!

alright guys, I finally got my sub hooked up and working. It's been sitting behind my seats for the past month doing nothing. Now I just have to wire up the speakers in my doors and voila! My sound system will be complete!
Also, I bought Silverstars so I can see the deer on my way home from work every night. Now I just have to get up off my butt and get them installed. Gotta love Ford engineering... Have to take off the airbox and get the battery out.:annoyed:

Ripplechip00Z

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.5L 4 cyl.
Transmission
Manual
Yay! finally the right valance came so now I just have to scuff it up, paint it and install it. I also got an email back from NRG for my windshield decals. Whoo.

Here they are... I am going with Dave A

MountainMike

Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
245 CID
Transmission
Automatic
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
My credo
The fun begins where the pavement ends

Ripplechip00Z

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.5L 4 cyl.
Transmission
Manual
Installed my Silverstars today!!! I'll get to test them out tonight once it gets dark. :yahoo:
Also I de-rusted my rims and now they are shiny and beautiful! See.

Before

After :icon_thumby:

CheapThrills

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
damn, shouldn't have been to quick to buy that valence! I have a brand new one sitting in my dads office, i ordered it and a new bumper, they sent the wrong bumper, so i just ended up makin my own. coulda sold it cheap :\, but truck looks nice!

Jon581

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
what did you use to get the rust off?

Ripplechip00Z

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.5L 4 cyl.
Transmission
Manual
It only cost me 50 bucks for the valance which is about the same as shipping from Florida lol. But thanks for the offer!

And all I used was a ball of steel wool and some soapy water. 20 minutes and I was done all 4 wheels.

FX4OffRoad1992

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
nice lookin ranger, it's comin right along!

Ripplechip00Z

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.5L 4 cyl.
Transmission
Manual
Got bored at work today and drew up some pictures of what I hope my truck will look like in the next couple of months
Don't mind my bad drawing...

And yes the tires on the back are that wide:icon_bounceblue:

Ripplechip00Z

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.5L 4 cyl.
Transmission
Manual
Alright, tom'w I'm making a trip to Winnipeg with a pay cheque, a tax return, a bunch of B-day money, and a big list of things I need.
2-2.5" lowering springs and shocks to match
header
Altezza tail lights
Spec-D Tuning headlights
Hella mini strip lights
whatever else I find and is cool lol

Ripplechip00Z

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.5L 4 cyl.
Transmission
Manual
Sorry it took so long to get writing again but there has just been way to much other stuff going on.

The Winnipeg trip was a complete bust. The place I went to was no cooperative at all and the guy behind the counter was an a**! I was blown off and basically told to go somewhere else cuz my truck was too small, old, and didnt have a big enough engine. Plus he just assumed I didn't know anything because I'm a girl. But enough complaining, more updates.

I finally got my windshield decals on and they look AMAZING. I'll have to take some pics later on today. I also got new tailgate cables because my old ones were broken and near broken. Bolted in my rear speaker boxes so they don't slide into my seats anymore. And bunch of other little stuff.
Found out I have brand new rear brakes the other day after taking them apart and putting them back together a zillion times to practice for Skills MB.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals