• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

LS1 Ranger

Beanmachine7000

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
If you guys would answer my question it would be. :D
Honestly I don't have a clue about a 5.3... Never even looked at one... Go look at one and do some measurements... Then YOU tell US if it would be feasible :icon_thumby:

wizkid00104

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994/2002
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L/5.4L
Transmission
Manual
If your going to put a chevy engine in a Ranger, why not go for the gold with a 427 race block or an LS9 :headbang:

Every Ranger should have the power of a C5-R...

Airmaster

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda,
Chevy
Engine Size
3.0L Stick, 3.6L Stick
Transmission
Manual
Honestly I don't have a clue about a 5.3... Never even looked at one... Go look at one and do some measurements... Then YOU tell US if it would be feasible :icon_thumby:
Alright, give me a few days, I need to find a Silverado or Tahoe.... :icon_bounceblue:

wahlstrom1

J-man HD Mech
OTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
Yes, it'll fit.....Especially if you run all the car accessories and intake. I'll post some size specs when I get home from work...

Beanmachine7000

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
If your going to put a chevy engine in a Ranger, why not go for the gold with a 427 race block or an LS9 :headbang:

+1... If I was putting a GM mill in a Ford it'd definitely be a LS7...

fordmike1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994 & 1983
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0l
Transmission
Automatic
I wouldn't mind going up against it, lol... It wouldn't be fair at all (on my end) my Camaro isn't near stock anymore... Honestly though, if I was going to spend the money to swap a Chevy into a Ranger it'd be something kickass like an LS7 500hp NA 6-bolt mains... That would be cool...
I would like for you to line up your LS POS up next to my good buddies 91 coupe. It uses a factory short block with 145,xxx miles on it with some factory GT40P heads a ford X-cam, trick flow intake,long tube headers,C-4 trans and 373 gears and runs 12.4@108 all motor and 11.20@121 with a 150 shot.The car is full bodied and street driven 3100lbs.Do the math its 275 at the tire and about 340 at the engine N/A. To bad your not in AZ as it would be great to see him hand you your LS's ass. And have you really priced out LS parts and the intakes and cams and head are stupid exspensive. For the amount of money you would spend on an LS you could build a nasty 351w and have fun. Dont take all this personally as I dont know you and you might be a great guy but I am tired of hearing about the LS engines.

Last edited:

Zachalanche

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Total Lift
Tire Size

Ls9's are only 20k. hard to justify putting that in a ranger.

Zachalanche

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Total Lift
Tire Size

86 4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9 v6
Transmission
Manual
i agree with fordmike1 im so tired of people trying to compare 350s with 302s yea it sux that mustangs didnt come with 351s that would have been sweet! but id say u could definately build a 351 that will outrun a 350 with the same amount of money!

Zachalanche

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Total Lift
Tire Size
i agree with fordmike1 im so tired of people trying to compare 350s with 302s yea it sux that mustangs didnt come with 351s that would have been sweet! but id say u could definately build a 351 that will outrun a 350 with the same amount of money!
comparing older engines the 351w would be my preference. I would take a 302 over an old chev 350. However, the later model ls engines are hard to beat as an overal package. (relibility, cooling, weight, power, etc).

Beanmachine7000

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I would like for you to line up your LS POS up next to my good buddies 91 coupe. It uses a factory short block with 145,xxx miles on it with some factory GT40P heads a ford X-cam, trick flow intake,long tube headers,C-4 trans and 373 gears and runs 12.4@108 all motor and 11.20@121 with a 150 shot.The car is full bodied and street driven 3100lbs.Do the math its 275 at the tire and about 340 at the engine N/A. To bad your not in AZ as it would be great to see him hand you your LS's ass. And have you really priced out LS parts and the intakes and cams and head are stupid exspensive. For the amount of money you would spend on an LS you could build a nasty 351w and have fun. Dont take all this personally as I dont know you and you might be a great guy but I am tired of hearing about the LS engines.
Lol... This is why I want this thread to die... No, I would not put my car up against that car, I've only got maybe $900 into my car... I'm not going to sit around and put up numbers, and no, I'm not saying I have the fastest car in the world... I'm just saying that the LS1 is a very easy platform to work with, and that Ford lagged behind ever since Chevy brought out the LT1 (which, by the way, is what I own)... I like Ford's 302, and yes, it would blow away Chevy's 305, and the 351W is a great design, but I'm sorry, it didn't go into the Mustang, which was the Camaro's competitor, therefore, the Camaro was miles ahead... Ford is still behind unless you buy one of their high po (big $) packages from Shelby or something... I'm not comparing 351W vs 350, I'm comparing vehicles that were direct competitors...

baddad457

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
and the 351W is a great design, but I'm sorry, it didn't go into the Mustang, which was the Camaro's competitor, therefore, the Camaro was miles ahead... Ford is still behind unless you buy one of their high po (big $) packages from Shelby or something... I'm not comparing 351W vs 350, I'm comparing vehicles that were direct competitors...
Camaro was miles ahead? Why'd it get canned then? Along with the Fireturd ? I'lll give you a hint: both were bigger, heavier and more expensive than a Stang. That extra 48 cubes were there only to help pull the extra pounds. Good thing too it went south. The comparision would have only gotten worse when the 05-GT Stangs came out. My stock 06 GT: 13.1 @ 104 in the 1/4. With the A/C and traction control on. Only mod done to it is a drop in K&N panel filter. Runs on 87 octane, bumps the speed limiter somewhere around 140 MPH. Best mpg so far has been 27.5.

fordmike1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994 & 1983
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0l
Transmission
Automatic
Lol... This is why I want this thread to die... No, I would not put my car up against that car, I've only got maybe $900 into my car... I'm not going to sit around and put up numbers, and no, I'm not saying I have the fastest car in the world... I'm just saying that the LS1 is a very easy platform to work with, and that Ford lagged behind ever since Chevy brought out the LT1 (which, by the way, is what I own)... I like Ford's 302, and yes, it would blow away Chevy's 305, and the 351W is a great design, but I'm sorry, it didn't go into the Mustang, which was the Camaro's competitor, therefore, the Camaro was miles ahead... Ford is still behind unless you buy one of their high po (big $) packages from Shelby or something... I'm not comparing 351W vs 350, I'm comparing vehicles that were direct competitors...
You right you did not say camaro or GM was better then Mustangs or Fords but you did come in here preaching that the LS was way easier to make power with and that is a load of crap. The LS can make some easy power but to start making 500 and more HP with one is where the big money starts to come into play. Upgrading to the LS 6/7 intake and going to a better cam then buying the correct valve springs (beehive $$) and then the crappy GM computer tuning. This is where you start spending the big bucks to make power.You could by a stroker kit for a SBF good heads,Intake,exhaust and make the same if not more power for less. The point that I was making about my buddies car is that it has a old short block with stock heads (explorer) a Ford performance cam a good intake and exhaust and the cost to build it was peanuts and it makes some great power for a junkyard engine not to speak of the less cubic inches it has from any of the LS junk.
SBF & SBC > ALL LS's

Check out my buddies car here.
http://www.webspawner.com/users/runnwidm/index.html

Last edited:

Toms01PSD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Before my Ranger, I had an S10 with a 383 stroker (LT1) in it, stock LT1 trans, and 3.73 gears. I ran a mustang with a 347 stroker and beat him. I admired his car and he was surprised at my truck. It all depends how much you want to spend and what you want to start with. I have another LT1 which is getting a carb and it's being backed by a T-56 trans, 9" rear end with 4.11's and a locker.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals