• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

just started a 3/4 drop

marz68

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hey 83bagged and slammedxonair, I ask you guys cause I notice that your trucks are layed out on bags. Will I have bump steer problems if so will I need tie rod end spacers?
Thanks in advance.

83bagged

January 2010 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
no, not that i know of

what size tires are those? and how tall are they? i called my local JY, and they have a full 4 set for $80!!!! o yeah, gettin tomorrow son! WOOT WOOT

marz68

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
no, not that i know of

what size tires are those? and how tall are they? i called my local JY, and they have a full 4 set for $80!!!! o yeah, gettin tomorrow son! WOOT WOOT
ok thanks!
I'll measure the tires tomorrow and please post some pics of your truck when you get the new rims, can't wait.

83bagged

MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
lol, o problem bro! thatll be a little while though, gotta drop my new GT40 heads on the 302 and get her runnin before she deserves the new shoes! gonna spray em white to match also

yea, try and measure the width and height. and the tire size on the side, thanks bro!

slammedxonair

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
91 and 00
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
bump steer is caused form messing with the factory suspension and steering geometry, mainly the pivot points.

TS6034

September 2009 STOM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
You should be able to adjust the stock tie rods to correct the toe issue. I'm not familiar with "tie rod extenders".

Your truck is looking good.

Last edited:

WhiteLX

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
How did you lower the rear?

I used I-beams up front and a drop leaf in the back and it looked to be able the same height. Problem with the rear is it was on the bump stops, just a little too low for my taste. I ended up putting the stock leafs back in, flipped the shackles, and removed the overload spring. The rear sits a little higher than the front so it has a little rake. I'd like for it to be a touch lower to make it level, but I can live with it.

I'm using 17x8 bullits with 245/45R17s. I did have to run a 5/16 spacer up front and pull the fenders out slightly to clear.

marz68

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
lol, o problem bro! thatll be a little while though, gotta drop my new GT40 heads on the 302 and get her runnin before she deserves the new shoes! gonna spray em white to match also

yea, try and measure the width and height. and the tire size on the side, thanks bro!
Thats gona look cool with the white 17's.
So heres what I got, the tires are 25" tall they are 235-45-17.
I drove my truck to test drive it and when I went in to a drive way the front rubbed on the fender so I dont know if you want to go with a more narrow tire since your way lower than me. You can also un tuck them since you do have air bags and I don't!:bawling: Maybe roding my fenders will take care of that problem for me?

marz68

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
How did you lower the rear?

I used I-beams up front and a drop leaf in the back and it looked to be able the same height. Problem with the rear is it was on the bump stops, just a little too low for my taste. I ended up putting the stock leafs back in, flipped the shackles, and removed the overload spring. The rear sits a little higher than the front so it has a little rake. I'd like for it to be a touch lower to make it level, but I can live with it.

I'm using 17x8 bullits with 245/45R17s. I did have to run a 5/16 spacer up front and pull the fenders out slightly to clear.
The rear is just a flip kit and mine also sits on the bump stop but I will be notching and baggin the rear cause I like it low!:icon_thumby:

marz68

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
bump steer is caused form messing with the factory suspension and steering geometry, mainly the pivot points.
The reason I sak is because the extenders I talk about are offered for the 68 f100 dropped ibeams.

83bagged

MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
awesome man... thats the same height as my stock tire, thats PERFECT! now to test them and make sure they will tuck and untuck with no rubbing

slammedxonair

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
91 and 00
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
The reason I sak is because the extenders I talk about are offered for the 68 f100 dropped ibeams.
I think I have seen something for them before they drop the steering linkage down or soemthing, which still changes the geometry. I think the steering on them is also behind the ibeams as well.

marz68

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Thanks for all you help guys.

Here it is sitting on the bump stops in the rear.

Here it is ready for the mini notch.

marz68

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Here are my two rangers.

marz68

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Anybody know on a extra cab ranger how much the carrier bearing needs to be moved when doing a flip kit?
I know they sell the spacer but i would rather make it at home.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals