• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2009 Ranger bed swap (info/expertise/advice welcomed)

tsilva2005

Reaction score
Hi folks, new to the forum! 2009 Ford Ranger Supercab with the 6ft bed. Was curious as to whether or not a 1993 6ft bed will work on the 2009 frame?

From what I understand 1993-2011 beds are all interchangeable to an extent. Two things I haven't been able to figure out...

One being if the 1993 gen 3 bed will mount directly to the 2009 frame? From what I've read they changed the number of mounting bolts for certain years?

Two being if the 1993 gen bed tail light wiring will plug in to the 2009 harness or if it have to be modified using the old beds wiring?

Any input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Hi folks, new to the forum! 2009 Ford Ranger Supercab with the 6ft bed. Was curious as to whether or not a 1993 6ft bed will work on the 2009 frame?
Welcome!

Yes, dimensionally the 1993-2011 Ranger beds were the same, relative to the bed length and style.

One being if the 1993 gen 3 bed will mount directly to the 2009 frame? From what I've read they changed the number of mounting bolts for certain years?
Will bolt right on, the existing holes in the 1993 bed are the same as the holes on the 2009 bed, but the later has a few (2-4) extra. You'll just use the six 1993 bolt locations to mount it and not worry about the rest.

Two being if the 1993 gen bed tail light wiring will plug in to the 2009 harness or if it have to be modified using the old beds wiring?
Doubt the 1993 wiring would be plug-n-play, but the 2009 wiring and tail lights should swap right over to the 1993 bed.

tsilva2005

Reaction score
Awesome! Good to know thank you for the feedback.

Just found a decent 1993 bed at my local auto salvage yard. The original bed has finally gave way to the new england salt. Found it was cheaper to replace at the price I can get the used bed than rebuild the orignal. Prices being as they are and all...

Noticed in my searching bed supports for these later model rangers are no where to be found nowadays. Only found 1 rear support available. Ironically, that rear support being the only remaining support not rotted completely away lol

Just picked up the truck not too long ago. Definitely a project truck. Glad forums like these exist. Can't beat hands on knowledge and experiance!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals