• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

help

sclove

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
hello my rangers friends i have a 1988 ford ranger .with a 2.9 v6 it runs for about 5 mins then it acts like its stravin 4 fuel i have replace both fuels,i have replace o2 senser i have replace both fuel filters whats next ? when i drive it it runs good 4 about 5 miles then it cuts off n wont start u got to keep turnin 4 a while until it starts

Big Jim M

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
hello my rangers friends i have a 1988 ford ranger .with a 2.9 v6 it runs for about 5 mins then it acts like its stravin 4 fuel i have replace both fuels,i have replace o2 senser i have replace both fuel filters whats next ? when i drive it it runs good 4 about 5 miles then it cuts off n wont start u got to keep turnin 4 a while until it starts
When a vehicle won't start, puting an once or two of fuel down it's throat will tell you if you have a lectric problem or a gasoline problem.
Many lectric problems will lead guys to THINK they have a fuel problem.. Make sure what you are working on before throwing parts at a problem.
Big JIm

IMenriched

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02'
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9 & 5.4
Transmission
Automatic
test your TFI (aka ignition module) from what you discribed is classic heat issue.

local parts store can test them...ususally free.

located on the back side of the distributor.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals