• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Ford>TOYota

bblatch69

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Did you look at how many vehicals Ford has recalled and how many people died in a Ford recalled vehical?? This is the purpose for recalls, Bro. To ensure that somebody knows about it and hopefully save a life. I know people who had their home burn to the ground due to a Ford faulty cruise control issue. One family got out but lost their two dogs over it. Another buddy lost his garage when his F150 cruise control went up in flames. I know anout person who's mom and little sister died in a new 99 Exploder when they lost a front wheel at highway speed. Ford is not the best of any automaker. A lot of automakers had recalls but Toyota is not the most recalled vehical, Bro.
I know a lot of ford owners, never heard of that issue.

Gotta_gofast

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
6.0L Powerstroke
Transmission
Automatic
How bout them smart cars!

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
I know a lot of ford owners, never heard of that issue.
I can't belive that, you hear about Toyota's but not Ford recalls?? This has been mentioned on this website abunch of times and it has been in the news for many years.

bblatch69

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah oh well. Arguing over the internet settles nothing its worthless. I dislike toyotas. There decent trucks. Just not for me. I like American made and owned.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah oh well. Arguing over the internet settles nothing its worthless. I dislike toyotas. There decent trucks. Just not for me. I like American made and owned.
I think you are not aware that Nissan, Toyota, Mazda (Ford) are built right here in America by American workers and Toyota hires more employees then Ford does. If it weren't for these Toyota's, Nissan's, and Mazda manufacturers here in America the USA will be in a far worse recession than it is now....think about that........

bblatch69

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
I actually did know that. That's why I added "and owned" in my statement.

flatblack

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1993 ??
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Cause they think you are actually listening, when I get that i just make sure they know they are #1 in my book :flipoff: :icon_rofl:

Why do people feel the need to yell stuff out of their car's like that?

OMG I TOTALLY GET THIS
Tacos are like subaru's only douches and lesbos drive em.
Ever heard that song from the blobots.........Scottsdale bars....LMAO

Last edited:

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
I am from Oregon. Grew up near vernonia. I never heard that about subarus. You can't BS people on this board........ We have been there done that. As far as those toyota recalls you cited...... I don't recall.anybody being injured. Toyota recalls before its forced..... Remind me some time when I am gome to find the pictures of the strut towers from my wife's former minivan..... Something that should have been recalled because of a design flaw but never was...... It caused a few deaths, toyota is recaling vehicles over a belt that should have been replaced already. As far as my education.... I am npt the one claiming to be better educated than most, I mentioned my wife because I doubt you are better educated than her to illistrate (sp?) That just because you are educated does not mean you know vehicles. I know vehicles... I would not hesitate to buy an older ranger because I know how to fix it, most people don't. If used toyotas were cheaper I would buy one of those, I just bought a 96 f-350 cc dually with a 'stroke for what a used 98 tacoma costs.

Any typing erors I blame on the fact I am posting from phone and my fingers don't get along with the keyboard

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
I actually did know that. That's why I added "and owned" in my statement.
Thank you for that. Most people I talk to don't know about how many cars are built here in America. They still think they are shipped over here. I have several vehicals and all are made here in America.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
I am from Oregon. Grew up near vernonia. I never heard that about subarus. You can't BS people on this board........ We have been there done that. As far as those toyota recalls you cited...... I don't recall.anybody being injured. Toyota recalls before its forced..... Remind me some time when I am gome to find the pictures of the strut towers from my wife's former minivan..... Something that should have been recalled because of a design flaw but never was...... It caused a few deaths, toyota is recaling vehicles over a belt that should have been replaced already. As far as my education.... I am npt the one claiming to be better educated than most, I mentioned my wife because I doubt you are better educated than her to illistrate (sp?) That just because you are educated does not mean you know vehicles. I know vehicles... I would not hesitate to buy an older ranger because I know how to fix it, most people don't. If used toyotas were cheaper I would buy one of those, I just bought a 96 f-350 cc dually with a 'stroke for what a used 98 tacoma costs.

Any typing erors I blame on the fact I am posting from phone and my fingers don't get along with the keyboard
Thanks for the post, Bro!!!! I still love Toyota trucks. I still love my Ranger as well. And, I see some of the older Toyota trucks going for a lot of money and people are paying the money to buy them. They have kept their resale value that is for sure. When I sold my 94 Toyota 4x4 it was very nice looking and it had a 5 inch lift and 35's on it. I got it with 32's and it had 5:88 gears alredy installed. The lift cost me $150 and I installed it myself and the tires were new mounted and balanced for $490 (BFG A/T). I paid $3,200 for the truck I sold it in 2001. I had it since 1998. I sold it for $6,200 (my asking price) and I had over 100 phone calls from people wanting to buy it. I never had any issues with the Toyota, it was a dd and went wheeling twice a month in Ocala, Fl.

I had a buddy buy a brand new Ranger 4x4 last summer. His brother bought a Tacoma 4x4 4 door the next week for the same price he paid for the Ranger. The Tacoma V6 has more power then the Ranger 4.0 . When my buddy drove his brother's Tacoma he told me he wished he had bought the Tacoma. He likes the 4 door and the smaller bed since he said he does not put much in the bed anyway. But...we all are different and we should not care what somebody else drives as far as I am concerned. Sorry if I have a few typos...I am teaching one of the cats how to type.....lol

naford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Built and assembled are to different things. I haven't heard of a either Honda or Toyota having a serious casting plant in the US. Also when talking about recalls it should be based on the percentage of cars not on the total number. An example is that last week there was an article about the most stolen cars. The Audi A8 is the most stolen car. But there are less than 200 A8's in the US but 10 were stolen hence the most stolen vehicle. So if you only sell 1 million cars and there is a recall on 500 thousand your percentage is higher versus 2 million cars with 500 thousand recalled. For those that think Toyota are the greatest I had both an 84 4runner nad an 87 4runnner. The 84 was fine until I rolled it in 87. In the 87 I had to replace the slave and master for the clutch. Computer went twice. Auto hubs wouldn't disengage so I replaced with Warn. Rear window stopped working. 2 head gaskets in 10 years one under warranty. Oh and eventually the front end had some wierd banging noise when the hubs were locked. I forgot the 84 liked to blow the rear brake light bulbs.

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
Toyota does't have casting plants because its contracted to american plants, and some parts are shipped from overseas. I guess you are another one of those that thinks all fords are built here from scratch because ford has never used a german, japanese, chinese part and has never assembled vehicles for the US market overseas or in mexico.............

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Toyota does't have casting plants because its contracted to american plants, and some parts are shipped from overseas. I guess you are another one of those that thinks all fords are built here from scratch because ford has never used a german, japanese, chinese part and has never assembled vehicles for the US market overseas or in mexico.............
+1,000,000,000,000 to this. Ford has has lots of parts made overseas and has been doing so for many years.

heptofite

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Yeah i mean, the a4ld definitely isn't french, the m5od definitely isn't Japanese, and the 2.9 and 4.0 aren't German.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals