• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Ford>TOYota

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
Yeah I go ford over Toyota any day. I test drove a brand new taco and hated everything about it. It was a piece of s#it. The ranger imo is a much better truck and it costs less. Absurd don't support buying forign vehicles. (unless its a Mazda) because there owned by ford. I'll never buy a toys though. I don't support communism. Did everyone know that they built most Japanese war vehicles during ww2? If you support that you should leave America. That's just my opinion though.
Again......... Combat vet and I dare you to question my patriotism. Toyota builds more cars in america than the big 3 and toyota employs more americans than ford.

That said...... If ford offered a crew cab 4wd ranger with a v6 and manual transmission I would buy that over a taco... However Ford tends not to build anything I am interested in in a family 4 wheeler....... I do like rangers and I can buy a fleet of them for the price of 1 tacoma...... But the dohc 24v 3.4l v6 is superior to the 4.0l.

I just won't pay the price for a used tacoma, and until the F150 eco boost came out I wasn't really interested in a ford 1/2 ton....... Now its on my wish list if and when the ecoboost ever makes it into the raptor.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Again......... Combat vet and I dare you to question my patriotism. Toyota builds more cars in america than the big 3 and toyota employs more americans than ford.

That said...... If ford offered a crew cab 4wd ranger with a v6 and manual transmission I would buy that over a taco... However Ford tends not to build anything I am interested in in a family 4 wheeler....... I do like rangers and I can buy a fleet of them for the price of 1 tacoma...... But the dohc 24v 3.4l v6 is superior to the 4.0l.

I just won't pay the price for a used tacoma, and until the F150 eco boost came out I wasn't really interested in a ford 1/2 ton....... Now its on my wish list if and when the ecoboost ever makes it into the raptor.
Toyota Tacomas have been the number 1 selling compact truck in the USA for way too many years, they outlast other brands and they outsold the Rangers...that is one of the reasons the Ranger went away. My Toyota trucks were far better than any of the Rangers I have owned and never broke on me. They were so much easier to build over the Rangers as well. My solid axle conversion was so easy to add compared to doing one on a Ranger. I love my Rangers and my BII's that I have owned, but my 80's and ealy 90's Toyotas were far better and went better whenever I wheeled them in the hardest spots to go..Moab for instance. I have several friends who have newer 4 door Tacomas and they are way better than a new Ranger. More power and you can take more people wheeling with you. The Tacoma's smaller bed...who cares? I don't need no 6-8 foot bed when I go places. That's what a triler or a roof rack is for.

nb11

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
My dad had a 1990 Toyota pickup. It was the only vehicle he has ever bought new, and was the plainest package available. We beat the PISS out of that truck. It survived my two older brothers and I learning to drive. Only things that ever tore up on it were the odo/speedo, starter, the timing chain, and after we sold it last year, the camshaft. The guy who bought it scrapped it because of that. It got to a point where we wouldn't change the oil, we would just periodically add more when it ran out lol.

I love my ranger, but it has given me more problems than the Toyota gave us its entire life. I've had to replace the water pump, I need to replace the radiator, I've replaced a fitting on the heater box, had to take it to the stealership to find/fix a pesky vacuum leak, my cruise control doesn't work, I have a moody clutch that disengages well only when it wants to, and currently the ball joints aren't very happy. I'm sure my truck will last me several more years, but when I get another one, it'll more than likely be a Tacoma, especially since Ford decided to quit making the Ranger. Toyota makes a tough truck.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
RIP little Ford USA Ranger.....you will be missed!!!!!

bblatch69

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic

The explorer sport trac. 4wd you can get with a v6 and its a sweet crew cab. Short bedbut the taxi also has a short bed. And btw everyone the ranger isnt going away there making an f100 again which is essentially a ranger with the option of a crew cab :icon_thumby:

bblatch69

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Lol 3.4 is a pos. 4l sohc DOMINATES IT. And I've also tried tacos dohc 4.0 its a pile. Loud and slow. Not impressed.

bblatch69

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
I also think its funny you guys say a hole fleet of them my parents just bought a brand new ranger. Sticker on it was 31 k what's the taco 35? Way to much

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Now its on my wish list if and when the ecoboost ever makes it into the raptor.
I don't really foresee that. Part of the Raptor package is that honking ridiculous 6.2L V-8. I think that's the only F-150 you can get with the 6.2. I may be wrong, but I haven't seen any other 150 pack with it yet.

I also think its funny you guys say a hole fleet of them my parents just bought a brand new ranger. Sticker on it was 31 k what's the taco 35? Way to much
We are talking about trucks that are 10 years old or more. Not new. New prices are going to be pretty close. If we throw Dakota, Colorado and whatever that Nissan one is in the mix, I bet we get no more than 6 grand difference from the high end to the low end.

One of the guys I work with has a Taco. It's a bit older and he traded his Tundra for it. It's a nice little truck, but it's not better for towing or gas than my Ranger, we both have fully manual 4x4, both fire right up and take us where ever we want to go every time, both were made in America, by Americans. The biggest difference? His has less rust, but I'm working on that.

Funnyman141

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
87, 94
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3, 4.0
Transmission
Manual
Just because I'm a pain and like stirring the pot.
If a person doesn't like the crappy toyota frame but loves the drive train, and hates the ranger drive train because it isn't up to date like the toyota drive train, but loves how the frame and body doesn't disintegrate, Why don't they go and find a ranger body and frame and swap in the drive train from there toyota that had a disappearing frame problem? therefor giving them what they want, (more or less) a good body with an up to date driveline at a cheaper price then buying a new vehicle. (sometimes) :stirthepot::stirthepot:

buftbll62

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987, 2011
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4cyl, 6cyl
Transmission
Manual
dad bpught a 92 toyota pick up new 3 months before i was born when i turned 16 he gave it to me as my present. i drove it till i turned 18 and sold it to a guy with 290,xxx for 2200 bucks still had original motor, clutch, tranny etc etc and the guy i sold it to still drives it every day. as for which i would buy now it will be who ever gives me the best deal and that just happened to be ford. just my opinion on it

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Lol 3.4 is a pos. 4l sohc DOMINATES IT. And I've also tried tacos dohc 4.0 its a pile. Loud and slow. Not impressed.
Change your rear timing chain and come back and talk....... Never once had a ford ranger with a sohc 4.slow out run my 2000 tacoma.

Brandon Nootenboom

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
My fiance does have a 95 Taco with a 3 inch block lift on 33's and she payed $6800 for it (cheapest one on Craigslist out of about 15 she looked into), my 97 Ranger was $2500 and had same miles just not lifted. I like her Yota but not near as much as my Ranger, it definitely has more pulling and hauling capacity than any Taco I've driven of equal size/era. Only thing I wish is that Ford would bring a 4-door Ranger to the US market but until then, I can wait.

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
A 97 4.0 would out pull it. 97 4.0l is a pushrod engine, by design they make more low end torque.

06RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Tacos are like subaru's only douches and lesbos drive em.
Subaru makes awesome cars. But i understand, your one of those "Noobs"

taco's are gay. expensive to fix, they break regularly. if you want a toyota get an old one.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Subaru makes awesome cars. But i understand, your one of those "Noobs"

taco's are gay. expensive to fix, they break regularly. if you want a toyota get an old one.
I keep saying this over and over, I have had Toyotas and I loved them. I love my Ranger and all my older Rangers and BII's, but my early Toyotas were the best to won at the time. Thay out performed my Rangers at that time. I have friends who still have Toyotas and that never had any issues with them at all. One buddy has over 200,00 miles on his 05 4 door 4x4 Tacoma and he never had any issues with it. He drives it daily and loves the hell out of it. He is a former Ranger owner and had 4 Rangers and then bought his Tacoma and loved it right away. He pulls his 20 Flats and Bay boat with 140 merc engine and takes it out twice a week for over 5 years now.
I really think it is just luck of the draw as to what happens to your car or truck when you own it. Many of my Ranger buddies have not had any bad issues with their trucks. The Toyota and Ford trucks are still the best on the market as far as I am concerned. The Tacoma is still here in America and we have lost our beloved Ranger here in the USA.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals