• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Ford Quality Rant

Toms01PSD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
If all you have to bitch about in life is your truck leaning to the left and being able to see metal inside the cab you've got it made. My question is, why in the hell did you buy the thing to begin with if you're just going to complain about two "issues" that aren't even issues. Then you mention Nissan? You have horrible judgement, that's what I gathered from your post.

stegomon

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987/1990
Make / Model
fords and only
Transmission
Manual
after two engines, two rear ends. new set of leaf springs and had to swap out the t-case....oh also had to seal up the front pumpkin 3 times......i still love and miss my truck. but i love the bronco 2 as well.....RBV for ever!!!

Colin

Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD

RangerRyan

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.0l,2.8l
Transmission
Manual
You guys are making me piss myself laughing! It isn't as bad as my girlfriend, she used to own a 94 chevy truck and used always complain about it. The thing had so many issues it wasn't even funny I was surprised that it even drove. It would lug out, die randomly and lots of other problems but yet some how she still finds the nerve to call fords POS.

snake

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
If you do ditch your ranger for a nissan I hope you have better luck with it than I had with mine. I will never own another one due to that experience... Had great luck out of the ranger tho. Wish Ford was going to build that F-100 because I would love to have a mid-size and would love to stay with Ford...

colby450xc

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
I had a parts ranger for a while. I was bored and the lean was so noticeable that I bought longer U-bolts and stole a leaf from the parts truck and put it on my truck to correct the lean. That's about all you can do besides a small block or arched leaves on the driver's side.:dunno:Orrrrrrrrrrrrrr a helper leaf..

Buckeyeman

ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Ford quality SUCKS! :thefinger::thefinger::thefinger:

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
If all you have to bitch about in life is your truck leaning to the left and being able to see metal inside the cab you've got it made. My question is, why in the hell did you buy the thing to begin with if you're just going to complain about two "issues" that aren't even issues. Then you mention Nissan? You have horrible judgement, that's what I gathered from your post.
^^^+5 on this!!!!

strvger

Reaction score
the land of 2 seasons-Winter and getting ready for
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
perhaps the real issue here is having pride in what you do. in my profession, i do the very best i can. i wish i could say the same about some of the people i have to work with. that doesn't keep me from expecting them to do their best to do quality work. and it's very frustrating when i see they really couldn't care less as long as they get a paycheck regularly.
perhaps that installer and qc person there when the op's truck rolled off the production line were there just to get paychecks. idk.
i'm just saying that when you pay tens of thousands of dollars for something, you should expect to see quality work in that item. not just the "that's just the way it is" answer to a complaint.
as for the lean, everyone just writes that off because of the tank, driver, etc. all on that side. so why don't the other trucks lean? don't remember seeing a full size ford, dodge, or even chevy with a chronic lean like the rangers have. not even the S10, dakota, toyota, nissan, etc. just the ranger.
perhaps these are minor things in a world of much bigger problems, but how much better might the world be if everyone took pride in all their daily efforts?
just my $.02.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
perhaps the real issue here is having pride in what you do. in my profession, i do the very best i can. i wish i could say the same about some of the people i have to work with. that doesn't keep me from expecting them to do their best to do quality work. and it's very frustrating when i see they really couldn't care less as long as they get a paycheck regularly.
perhaps that installer and qc person there when the op's truck rolled off the production line were there just to get paychecks. idk.
i'm just saying that when you pay tens of thousands of dollars for something, you should expect to see quality work in that item. not just the "that's just the way it is" answer to a complaint.
as for the lean, everyone just writes that off because of the tank, driver, etc. all on that side. so why don't the other trucks lean? don't remember seeing a full size ford, dodge, or even chevy with a chronic lean like the rangers have. not even the S10, dakota, toyota, nissan, etc. just the ranger.
perhaps these are minor things in a world of much bigger problems, but how much better might the world be if everyone took pride in all their daily efforts?
just my $.02.
The 102lb (6lbs per gallon x 17 gal) in my little Ranger is more weight for my Ranger than the 144lb (6lbs per gallon x 24 gal) in my much heavier sprung F-150. Unless they changed the spring rate the springs are identical side to side... so basically it stands that it will either lean left when the tank is full or lean right when it is empty.

As for why the other little guys don't lean... I dunno. Never really cared/paid attention.

TheTopher

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Oh how I wish I saw this thread yesterday.

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
i've heard that these dont lean, if the headliner is too short, you can just flip that puppy upside down and run it through the sewing machine a few times

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals