• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Ford Quality Rant

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
I have several friends who have the Nissan Frontier 4x4 crewcab and they love their trucks. The V6 is great and they have never had a problem with them. One buddy traded his 03 4x4 Ranger in on a new 07 Frontier and he loves it more then his Ranger...he keeps calling the Ranger a turd, slow moving 4.0 engine that is just pure crap and he said the pos needed so much work every 3-5 months after he had just over 25,000 miles. He has over 45,000 on the Frontier and has not had a single issues and he just loves that 4 door Frontier.
Another buddy traded his 05 4x4 Ranger in on a new 2010 Frontier 4x4 crewcab and he said he is so glad to get rid of the pos Ranger he had. None of them haul anything really heavy. They have bikes that haul with a trailer and they both have used the Rangers for driving to work and going camping once a month. Some how they just got crap Rangers!!

BlueChariot

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'94
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
This is the most ignorant statement ever, and how much did you pay for your USED vehicle?
First off, what does it matter how much anyone pays for a used vehicle?

Secondly, ignorance is not knowing that a 20 gallon tank full of gas to one side will cause a lean regardless. It's called gravity.

I got my first truck for free, it was almost as old as I am, and nothing was busted on it, the body was just banged up. Had it over a year and a half and all I had to replace was a fuel pump which goes out on any vehicle. Thing had over a 250K on it when I sold it, and it ran strong every day I had it.

So tell me, how does used=bad?

Last edited:

rusty70f100

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
LOL @ this thread.

My buddy is always calling me up to help him fix his craptacular Nissans. I'll keep driving my old '87 B2.

BlackBII

Ranger Custom
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
This is the most ignorant statement ever, and how much did you pay for your USED vehicle?
I find it interesting how only the ignorant use the word ignorant to describe something that is not actually ignorant.

Which used vehicle? I have a few.....

But I paid $600 for my Bronco II 4 years ago, and it's still running perfectly. Not bad when considering what I can only assume you spend per month for your transportation along with the accrued debt of financing a new vehicle.

First off, what does it matter how much anyone pays for a used vehicle?
He sounds like the type of ass hat that puts material items on a scale determined simply by their cost, in terms of currency only.

Secondly, ignorance is not know that a 20 gallon tank full of gas to one side will cause a lean regardless. It's called gravity.
BOOM!

Last edited:

02RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Clean the sand out of your vag. Its a pickup. Deal with it.

fangotango306

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
None yet
Transmission
Automatic
this thread is epic!

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
As far as the leaning to one side they say "it's because the fuel tank is mounted on the left side of the bed and that's the characteristic of the vehicle". Again I say the engineers don't compensate for that?
So, let me get this straight. You wanted it to lean to the right when the tank is empty instead of left when it's full?

lneidlinger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I think I know what happened. He must have gone to a Nissan dealership, gotten a new Frontier and found out it is a POS. Now he is trying to justify his purchase by bashing on his old ranger.

richlands55

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Get you a fat woman and let her ride on the right side. That`ll level it out...the truck not the woman. I found one to ride in my truck bed and now the truck sits level and the ride improved. The trucks ride that is.

Twister

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985 1987
Make / Model
Duh
Engine Size
5.0L, 2.9L
Transmission
Manual
Ok I take my Ranger back to the dealer with 2 quality issues, first the headliner is cut too short and you can see the metal roof between the headliner and the trim above the seat belt. The second issue is the vehicle leans on the drivers side and doesn't sit level on level ground. The dealer and Ford say "there is nothing we can do that's just the way they are made". So I say it's normal to see metal from inside the vehicle because of poor quality on Ford's part. He says we can order a new headliner and it will do the same thing plus Ford won't let us because this is within Ford specs. As far as the leaning to one side they say "it's because the fuel tank is mounted on the left side of the bed and that's the characteristic of the vehicle". Again I say the engineers don't compensate for that? The service writer says your not the first person to complain about this but there are no TSB's for these issues. I call Ford customer relations center and they put me on hold and call the dealer and they tell me that's just the way it is you'll have to live with it, it's not a safety issue and there's no broken parts so Ford is not going to do anything about it. I say that's it, Ford is not going to stand behind their product and she says try taking it to another dealer and see what they tell you, so I do and the new dealer says that's just the way they are and Ford will not pay us to fix it right. I am so pissed at Ford and the way that they have handled this I went right to the Nissan dealership and am looking at Frontiers. They wonder why people don't buy domestic vehicles anymore.:mad:
If thats it thats not bad, my friends chevy's whole dash will randomly turn off and not come back on and will not start half the times. The dealers told her she was crazy.

My old 91 had a bit of a lean to it, never really bothered me too much though. My 03 actually sits pretty level.

I'd be kinda leery about the Frontiers, my buddies dad has one and it's given him nothing but problems
My brothers friend was a Ford guy, then their whole family bought nissans. He has gone through countless sway bar end links and 2 rear axles. So he is going back to ford.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals