• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Ford Quality Rant

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
back many years ago our farm truck was a '74 2wd F250. had the 300, creeper 1st 4 speed and 3.73's (open) we were at a grain elevator pulling out of a gravel driveway with a loaded anhydrous wagon. a neighbor was there pulling out with a anhydrous wagon also. his truck was a 4wd F250 highboy, '77, 360, same creeper 1st 4 speed. dont know what gears he had. his 4wd had really wide tires, 33/12.50's we had the stock 7.50-16's on factory spilt rims. he couldnt hardly get out of the gravel lot. the '74 just walked right out in granny low and hardly slipped a tire. i think the 4wd ended up locking in the hubs and going to 4wd to get enough traction to get on to the highway. the 300 with 3.73's may only have a top end of 75 mph, but the low end is like nothing else.

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
My grandfather bought a 1978 2WD F350 with a 460 and a C6 brand new. Somewhere I have a picture of me standing in the back of it (3 years old at the time) thinking I was the coolest kid on earth. His 78 was also green out and green in, which really makes having that same color scheme on my 96 Ranger a little more special to me. That 78 was the last full size truck he ever bought - it lasted him about 25 years before he gave it away (hammered as hell). He also had a 76 Ford Courier for a year or so after he bought the 78.

Let me just say that my Grandfather was HARD on vehicles. He never changed the oil except at inspection time, always had the thing loaded to the hilt, and was always pulling 4 horses from Salt Lake up to the Wyoming Downs. If this truck put up with all of his neglect and abuse and still ran like a top, then it really left me no choice but to be a Ford fan.

Also in honor of my late grandfather, and keeping up the "green theme", my truck gets the Royal Pine Little Tree's Tree's as it's air freshener.

TheTopher

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I've had to deal with far too many chevies to not be a ford fan. :)

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
I've had to deal with far too many chevies to not be a ford fan. :)
That's the other thing I should have mentioned. He had all of these pictures of Chevy and Dodge trucks from the late 60's to the mid 70's that had gone by the wayside. I asked him what happened to all of them. He told me they were all under powered and problematic trucks. This is why he always stuck with his old 78.

mhughes165

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I couldn't agree more. Of course, I have an F150 with the 300 in it, backed by a C6 and 9" rear. The old truck just reeks of "Built Ford Tough"......
i had a 78 ford with the 300 in it, 4spd granny first, 3.55's 6"lift and 35's, it had blowby so bad at 250k miles (after being a wheeler with the same engine since...83? lol) i had to install a oil catch can on the dipstick tube, sure it would pump a gallon of oil out of the dipstick tube but i would still go out into the road and light up the tires like ti was nobodys business lol, and u could drive it anywhere aslong as u made sure it still had enough oil lol

watchmedoit

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
crap

My wife bought a 2008 frontier crew cab and the transmission went out at 4000 miles and the had a blown head gasket at 24000. That is called Nissan quality.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals