• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Florida runner build

jesse93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
You really need to add tubes running up along side the skid plate. The plate wont protect much the way it is. Fab work looks good though.
yes sir, i will be. i also want to add two bars going from the sides of the plate to the frame. i ran out of tube so i spot welded the plate up there to see if i like it.(also when i run my ac on my old bumper it over heated, so i had to put something there to test it) when i get the bars on, the plate will be 1/8th brushed stainless steel that will be removeable.

and im having second thoughts on the whole prerunner look and i want to build a trail truck..rrrrrr i hate my mind sometimes :sad: all in due time...

NickRanger89

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Lookin good man! It looks totally different from when I owned it! Your doin some great work over there. I'll have to stop by some time and see it in person again. But you wanna build it a trail truck again? Time to tear it back down again!

NickRanger89

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
it dosent look like that anymore :thefinger:
Thats for damn sure! I'm glad it went to someone who's takin good care of it. Its only been a year? Feels alot longer than that. I'll change my pic after I wash the truck. I finished up the fx4 grill, added some 02 Tail lights and finished up the old flares. Looks like a stock 4wd now! :icon_thumby:

jesse93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
Thats for damn sure! I'm glad it went to someone who's takin good care of it. Its only been a year? Feels alot longer than that. I'll change my pic after I wash the truck. I finished up the fx4 grill, added some 02 Tail lights and finished up the old flares. Looks like a stock 4wd now! :icon_thumby:
nice! we will have to get a mini meet and go wheel somewhere....

3-23-11 is when i transferred the title but remember you let me drive that weekend with your tag..lol

NickRanger89

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
My truck wheelin...ha your funny. I should of reported it stolen...I kid, I kid

jesse93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
My truck wheelin...ha your funny. I should of reported it stolen...I kid, I kid
hey hey, i asked lol. if you get stuck ill pull you out :D i would be the only 4wd if we do. or we can hit up the taco bus..:yahoo:

NickRanger89

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
All kidding aside...I could run a train on some taco bus right about now.

jesse93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
while sitting in my "office" i will post up my updates for the day.

last week i ordered a 40 dollar intake kit from ebay just for the hell of it, maybe get better millage. anyway, it came in today and i was getting pissed the last few day because i wasnt liking the way my truck was turning out. the whole prerunner look is AMAZING but i sat and really thought about it, in florida there are no places to run it, and ive lost all my bed space so ive takin on a new direction on my florida runner. i want to do a preunner/trail truck hybrid like some guys on here. same look with fiberglass and bumpers but sitting alittle higher and maybe a roof rack and a winch..etc etc...

anyway back to the intake...that crap dosent fit...:annoyed: then i flipped my shackles back over to see if i liked it and... i do :D

here are some pics of the intake and i will get pics of the new stance tomorrow when i have day light and you guys can tell me how you like or dislike it

06RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Sounds like a good plan. thats why i didnt cut my bed. with 64's and shackles, you can still fit 30" shock under the truck, and keep the bed. either way it will look nice. around this area theres alot of dirt roads and hilly areas i can go play on that are off the main strip. do we need pre-runners? no, but they sure are sweet! wish i lived in cali, id be broke with a trophy truck in my driveway. keep the updates comin!

jesse93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
Sounds like a good plan. thats why i didnt cut my bed. with 64's and shackles, you can still fit 30" shock under the truck, and keep the bed. either way it will look nice. around this area theres alot of dirt roads and hilly areas i can go play on that are off the main strip. do we need pre-runners? no, but they sure are sweet! wish i lived in cali, id be broke with a trophy truck in my driveway. keep the updates comin!
the holes in my bed are small but the 35in spare and bed cage take up the whole bed. i have a 6x4 trailer that i can hull my bikes around, i still need to put a hitch on it.

i went to the scrap yard eailer this week with 800lbs of steel and it was on top, sides and inside my truck. when they helped unload it one guy tried to lift my bed cage out of my truck..:icon_rofl: but i love the attention i get with it, everyone thinks its hydros...:annoyed:

NickRanger89

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Haha you scrap too?

jesse93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
Haha you scrap too?
hell yeah dude, what do you think paid for the rear suspension.

the updates for today include......

i didnt get the intake working yet, had bigger issues, ever since i bought the truck it has had a vibration on acceleration and i have done carrier bearing, adjusted the pinion angle and u-joints. so i thought it may have been in the diff or tranny. last week getting on to i-75 something happened and the truck was hopping up and down in the rear. i couldnt figure out the hop so i drove it easy, lastnight i had to drive to orlando and when i got there i grabbed my drive shaft and it moved up and down. i got on craigslist and found me a 1 piece drive shaft :icon_bounceblue:

i drove he back home after a night out in orlando and removed my drive shaft and threw the new one in...wasnt to bad of a install, all i had to do was remove the carrier bracket that is riveted on the x-member. i popped it in and backed out of my drive way but her in drive and crossed my fingers.........i hit the long petal on the right......

...shes fixed!!!!!!:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:
all of my vibrations are gone

i have pics but i cant up load them on my phone.

Shawn@BMS

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
Truck looks good. If your ever up in Orlando again i can take you out to a few spots.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals