• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Florida runner build

AaronC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Manual
If you do the 'C&T than you should extend each beam 2-3 inches while your at it... your going to have to get a longer passenger drive axle though.
You would need both axles unless.... You extend the driver beam before the diff. I wouldn't recommend doing that though. You will lose out on valuable up travel because the diff section will hit the bottom of the frame rail.

nooch450

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
You would need both axles unless.... You extend the driver beam before the diff. I wouldn't recommend doing that though. You will lose out on valuable up travel because the diff section will hit the bottom of the frame rail.
I could see why... Does yours really get that close? :icon_confused:

Some other guys who have extended the beam on the bracket side of diff done seem to have the problem... But i guess it all depends on how far you want to tuck your tires into your fenders.:dunno:

http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64186&page=18

jesse93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
ok i think ive decided on what im going to do. im going to go with the ball joint relocation so i have the ground clearance plus the flex for trails and if i ever get air with it...let the work begain..off to the ranger cave!!

AaronC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Manual
I could see why... Does yours really get that close? :icon_confused:

Some other guys who have extended the beam on the bracket side of diff done seem to have the problem... But i guess it all depends on how far you want to tuck your tires into your fenders.:dunno:

http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64186&page=18
Yeah my truck could bump in the stock location if it wasnt for having 14's. I could have stuffed the shock mounts up higher if I spent more time on em'. I bump a inch lower than stock. I still tuck the diff section up into the x member.

jesse93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
ok.. i got my spare beams stripped down but my passenger upper ball joint lock bolt(the one that goes though the beam that locks the bj into the beam) is stuck..i tried wd40,pb blaster,heat,more heat,impact, and a snap on braker bar..and broke the braker bar and 4 sockets.

any ideas?

nooch450

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
You broke impact sockets?.... Keep trying lol

nooch450

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
Yeah my truck could bump in the stock location if it wasnt for having 14's. I could have stuffed the shock mounts up higher if I spent more time on em'. I bump a inch lower than stock. I still tuck the diff section up into the x member.
Becasue I am running drop brackets my beams dont even get close to the stock bump points...

I guess you would have to either make your lower shock mounting points lower or raise up you shock hoops if you wanted to bump in stock location...

jesse93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
ok guys i need advise...

i was thinking about my light bar, how about doing a headache rack attached to the bed cage with a light bar across the back of the cab with bar going from the top of the shock mount to the rack. or i can stick to my idea of doing it across the windshield with 2 adjustment bars going from the top of the light bar to the back of the cab....

what do you think?

jesse93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
idk, i like the look of it i guess....

doyouquaxu

Reaction score
its hard to mount it to the front of the roof without a cage without the sheetmetal ripping over time.

mounting it in the back is easier by building an external hoop like you'd see in a roll cage, then mounting the light rack to that. if built right and tied into the bedcage/ frame well it can actually help in a roll over.

using a 4" elephant dick sized 'roll bar' that the hicks use will look really tacky.

LameDuck

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Get yourself a D44 TTB and be done with it.

low~n~blue

February 2012 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
idk, i like the look of it i guess....
They look awesome! Want one for the sandrail haha, btw your truck is SWEET! If you want it mounted towards the front windshield could you just do tabs and bolt/weld it to the door jam/pillar support? They aren't heavy, I would think that would support it without having to do any drilling into the sheet metal on the roof. Idk though my off road knowledge is limited haha that's why I love reading what all you guys have to say. :headbang:

jesse93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
They look awesome! Want one for the sandrail haha, btw your truck is SWEET! If you want it mounted towards the front windshield could you just do tabs and bolt/weld it to the door jam/pillar support? They aren't heavy, I would think that would support it without having to do any drilling into the sheet metal on the roof. Idk though my off road knowledge is limited haha that's why I love reading what all you guys have to say. :headbang:
thanks dude, i was always a mini trucker and this is my first 4x4, so im trying lol.

the "roll bar" will be the same size as my bed cage. i live around a bunch of backwood hillbillys with sewer pipe as bumpers and 6in roll bars..so i will NOT be doing that.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals