• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Florida runner build

jesse93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
i will snap a pic real quick...

jesse93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Automatic

this is my issue with drop brackets

nooch450

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual

this is my issue with drop brackets
Jesse...

I cant really see whats going on by that pic...

If you take a piture a bit farther away and maybe from different angles I can help yah...

My skyjacker brackets dont seem to be close to my diff at all... In that pic, are your beams floating with no radius arms attached?

jesse93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
my lift brackets mount to the stock area, and yes its that close..you can see were they have hit before.

my truck is my daily so in that pic its sitting at ride height with my radius arms on.

after work i will get you a pic

jesse93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
what if i were to get air born with the skyjackers...will i bend them?

nooch450

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
what if i were to get air born with the skyjackers...will i bend them?
Have not tested mine yet... But look at my pics, the Class II stuff is beefy! I think the crossmember would bend / crack first...

Bending from getting airborn... Most guys with a C&T run stock brackets or STX brackets, I couldnt see them being any stronger than the Skyjackers.

lethal-threat-b288

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Jesse you won't bend them unless you nosedive but that would total the truck.

jesse93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
i was unable to get a pic tonight. getting my baja 5sc back together!!!!

anyway, running the skyjacker is just like the stock ones but "bigger" right?

they give 4in lift, wont hit my diff,easier to install, and wont bend on the flat streets of florida... i have some thinking to do..

nooch450

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
i was unable to get a pic tonight. getting my baja 5sc back together!!!!

anyway, running the skyjacker is just like the stock ones but "bigger" right?

they give 4in lift, wont hit my diff,easier to install, and wont bend on the flat streets of florida... i have some thinking to do..
Honestly, for what you described you would be using the truck for, I don't think you would even benefit by going the C&T route at all... just my opinion.

In the future when I re-build my truck that's not even built yet (lol) im going to run d35, d44 hybrid and try to fab the set up have equal length beams. But that's not cheap or easy as far as im concerned at this time and I can't afford it now. Of course to keep up with the front ill have to link a 9" swap.

How addictive and expensive this hobby becomes...

jesse93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
Honestly, for what you described you would be using the truck for, I don't think you would even benefit by going the C&T route at all... just my opinion.

In the future when I re-build my truck that's not even built yet (lol) im going to run d35, d44 hybrid and try to fab the set up have equal length beams. But that's not cheap or easy as far as im concerned at this time and I can't afford it now. Of course to keep up with the front ill have to link a 9" swap.

How addictive and expensive this hobby becomes...
trust me i know how it gets, i did mini trucks for a long time and i would finish one then sell it because it wasnt what i had in my mind..im never happy with what i have..lol. after i got hurt i got into r/c and i never thought it would be just as expensive :dunno: but im good now and i have a house with a nice sized garage so ive jumped back into building something.

i think i will go with the skyjacker ones and see how they hold up. i will go out and fined the spring i need for the axle and nooch how are you doing your coils up front? is it a 4" lift as well?

nooch450

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
Yea, 4 inch lift brackets (getting about 4.5-5 inches of lift) make sure you get the camber adjustment bushings skyjacker also sells...

I ordered 14" coilovers. My shock hoops are right under where the hood sits, but the setup is still in fab phase. 1/2 done, im waiting on the coilovers.

Id imagine it would be easier to run 12" coilovers but I don't want to have to buy shocks again. Plus I can use all of thethe 14"coilovers travel but ill get crazy camber changes...

I believe in keeping the shocks as close to the wheels as possible for suspension control, but the tops of the shocks need to tilt in and lean forward to keep out of the tires way on compression with the camber. And tilt forword to miss the braking system. At least this is the best way I see doing it.

The bottom of my shock I plan to weld tabs to my beams ontop right outside where my radius arms mount.

Last edited:

jesse93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
i have camber bushings already. i wanted to run coilovers so bad but im going to keep my coils that i have with the shocks i run in the back but with 12" travel with a hoop.

skyjacker maybe the way to go. im still going to build a set of c&t just because i dont want to have wasted time and money on a set of d35 beams..or i can run both and have 8" lift in the front with 2" in the rear..lol.j/k. i will fit in with all the full sized trucks and donks around here.

nooch450

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
If you do the 'C&T than you should extend each beam 2-3 inches while your at it... your going to have to get a longer passenger drive axle though.

jesse93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
just the passenger? not both? and nooch..how much travel are you going to see from your coilovers?

sorry i dont have a update yet ive just been working everyday. i picked up my steel for my bumpers yesterday.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals