• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

finally got some pics... what do ya think?

wohlf 16

Banned
Solid Axle Swap
--- Banned ---
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Thanks c note. Congrats on OTOTM!
Still havent got it done. But its so close i can taste it. I ended up taking the whole steering column out of an 88 yota for $5 and cut the end off of mine and welded them together. Pretty hill billy looking but strong. I will get a pic before its on the truck. Waiting on tube adapters for my drag link then all i will need to do is get it on there and take it for a maiden voyage to the stump in my front yard, drive up on it, snap a pic and continue dick-n with it till i feel its road worthy.haha!

dangerrangerstx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
btw cnote im a redneck and i hate dana 60s to heavy and i like my 44 3/4 ton jist fine btw nice truck my friend an i built an 02 ranger truggy

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
i like those rear bumpers....givin me ideas for mine....sweet rig

beaujt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
hey i was just wondering if you could post some pics up of your track bar connecting up to the frame, and maybe a few more of the under-carriage, just to see how everything goes together under there :) just curious to see it all with a D44 from a Jeep as opposed to a ford d44...

motorbill87

Ford Technician
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2003/2006
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.8L/4.6L
Transmission
Automatic
10-4 good buddy! this redneck ain't gonna bash cause you don't got a 44 or 60 under there. I had the same idea you have. I just want to leaf it. work looks good! If that thing holds up great for you! I gotta put at least a 44 under mine due to the 351 being transplanted under the hood. just 1 question.........how are you in the SAS 1/2 ton group with only a dana 30 up front? (still ain't bashing)

77'cj7

V8 Engine Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Have you had any issues with popping axle shafts and u-joints? Or have you upgraded the shafts?
Just wondering, as I own and wheel a 06 rubi, and have gone through two or three axles with 33" tires.
Chris

rangertoy

Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
Solid Axle Swap
ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
6?
Tire Size
10-4 good buddy! this redneck ain't gonna bash cause you don't got a 44 or 60 under there. I had the same idea you have. I just want to leaf it. work looks good! If that thing holds up great for you! I gotta put at least a 44 under mine due to the 351 being transplanted under the hood. just 1 question.........how are you in the SAS 1/2 ton group with only a dana 30 up front? (still ain't bashing)
If you look under your "user CP" you will see group memberships, under that is where the banners are, dana 30's are included in the 1/2 ton SAS, I guess they didnt want to make one just for the d30's

tony314

Firefighter
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
How do you swap out the front drive shafts for a solid axle? If their is a threat showing how to do it and what you'd need. I'd love to read it and give it a go on my truck.

tony314

Firefighter
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic

Purple004

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 Vulcan
Transmission
Manual
Seat's Question

Please PM me.

Im sorry if you have already responded to a similar questin. I couldnt read through all the posts about your seats. I was wondering about the install wasnt there a whole mess of Airbag equippment in the facory seats? if so were you able to transfer them over to the new seats or did you disable your airbags?

Thank You
John

:beer:

86_LX

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1992 and 2004
Make / Model
Ford and Ford
Engine Size
4.0 and 5.4 SC
Transmission
Manual
to the op how do you like the beard seats? Looking into putting them in the 92 I have.

c_note

September 2009 OTOM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger/Explorer
Engine Size
4.0 sohc
Transmission
Manual
hey i was just wondering if you could post some pics up of your track bar connecting up to the frame, and maybe a few more of the under-carriage, just to see how everything goes together under there :) just curious to see it all with a D44 from a Jeep as opposed to a ford d44...
i can do! it might take me a couple of weeks till i get back home. ill be in virginia for a couple more weeks.

it actually is a dana 44 but out of a rubicon. im doing the 5 on 5.5 lug conversion on it too so it will be like a regualr dana 44.

Have you had any issues with popping axle shafts and u-joints? Or have you upgraded the shafts?
Just wondering, as I own and wheel a 06 rubi, and have gone through two or three axles with 33" tires.
Chris
well i dont have any problems with it. the axleshafts are chromoly and they are thicker than the regular dana 44 shafts.

How do you swap out the front drive shafts for a solid axle? If their is a threat showing how to do it and what you'd need. I'd love to read it and give it a go on my truck.
i had a driveshaft made for it.

Please PM me.

Im sorry if you have already responded to a similar questin. I couldnt read through all the posts about your seats. I was wondering about the install wasnt there a whole mess of Airbag equippment in the facory seats? if so were you able to transfer them over to the new seats or did you disable your airbags?

Thank You
John

:beer:
i used the sliders from the factory seats along with the seatbelts. i just had to cut everything apart and taylor it for the new seats. there was nothing that i noticed for the airbags but i hooked everything back up like it was when i finished the sliders. havent had any problems.

to the op how do you like the beard seats? Looking into putting them in the 92 I have.
i love these seats. they look awesome, feel smooth and for me, they are just at the right comfort level. im using the enduro seats which are for jeeps and lifted trucks so the sides dont come up as high and you can actually move around in them.

RaceRanger97

April 2009 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
action shots man! C'Mon! lol

c_note

September 2009 OTOM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger/Explorer
Engine Size
4.0 sohc
Transmission
Manual
action shots man! C'Mon! lol
dude! i know right! well i currently live in Maryland where there is no legal place to wheel. im hopin to go to roush creek or big dogs but its all like 3 hours away from me. im gonna have to find a club to go with cuz all my buddys have crap to wheel in. all stock jeeps n shize. ill put something together tho.

and ya, there is nowhere within a 100 mile radius that can re-charge my shocks either. this place blows!!!!

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals