• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2000 RBSB Ford Ranger seat and console question

skyhighsami

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
I just picked up a 2000 Ford Ranger regular cab short bed 5 speed manual. I need to replace the seats since they are trashed. I was looking to upgrade them hopefully along with a console from an Explorer. The wrecking yards here in my town has a ton of Rangers and Explorers. What year Explorer should I look at seats and console from? I am going to be putting 2 10" Diamond Audio subs in their low profile box behind the seats and console and being that I am 6'2" I would like to keep as much leg room as possible. Thank you for the help

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
97-01 Explorers had the same dash as Rangers, so the console matches perfectly

Here's a decent idea of what they are like with a stick:

Other options covered in the Tech section:

skyhighsami

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Do the seats bolt in? That's the problem we ran into, the PO got some later model Ranger seats and they didn't bolt up.

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Do the seats bolt in? That's the problem we ran into, the PO got some later model Ranger seats and they didn't bolt up.
Regular cab Rangers had different seat brackets than Extended cab Rangers. I'd wager a beverage that the Extended cab Ranger brackets and the stock Explorer brackets are the same. If the seats came from a 2dr Explorer Sport, then it's anybody's guess which seat brackets they might've had.

Anyway, many people have put Explorer seats into Rangers. It's been a very long time since I looked into it, but you can probably just install your regular cab brackets onto the Explorer seats if needed. You'd lose some of the power functions of course since those are integral to the sliders

2011Supercab

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota Tacoma
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
A couple people have put Explorer seats in a regular cab Ranger and have complained the seats wouldn't slide back far enough and that they sat a little higher.

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Can't tell you how well the explorer console fits in a regular cab, might want to do some measuring before you start pulling. I know they fit well in the extended cabs.

For the seats, you'll want to swap the regular cab seat tracks to the Explorer seats, they bolt onto the seat base. Be aware that seat differences may cause loss of leg room. In a regular cab, I'd probably be looking for a low back bucket in hopes that I could push it back further.

I'm not quite as tall as 6 foot and like the room in my EC. I don't think I could be happy in a RC with high back buckets. I know I couldn't on the first gen RCs I've had. Liked the fit with the low back bench, but Hugh buckets would have taken too much space.

On the console, check out similar year sport tracs. Same dash, but some had slightly different console inserts. The one I've got is from a ST. IIRC it has the tray and two cup holders, but not the tissue box thing.

skyhighsami

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
What part is cut out for the shifter?

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals