• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Where to find diagram of Engine compartment?

PonyUp

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks unoleisu. :icon_thumby:

So...The buzzer is worn out? I replace that and all will work? And dash has to be removed to replace the worn out buzzer? My is more of a door bell chime sound. I like better than buzzzzzzzzz. :D

unoleisu

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
MINE was worn out, along with the salvage replacements. I believe yours is as well.
Sorry, the Electrical troubleshooting book calls it a buzzer. (Ford engineers may have had a lot of buzzing in their ears) Mine sounds like a chime, as well.
The dash does not have to be removed, the glove box does. If you open the door to the glove box and empty it (if it has a lot of stuff in it like mine did), you will see the screws holding it in place.
There are four screws holding the box to the door. There are also two rubber "stops", one on each side of the box, that limit how far out the box and door assembly open. If you pull the sides of the box inward gently, the "stops" will clear the sides of the dash opening, allowing the whole thing to open alot further than normal. Once you have done this, it is easy to remove the four screws holding the box onto the door. After removing the box, you can easily get to the buzzer (chime) on the upper left side of the dash opening.
As I recall, there is one screw holding it in place, and a harness connector that will need to be removed. Reassembly is the reverse of this proceedure.

All Rights reserved. The opinions of this poster may not necissarily be the opinions of this sight, or anyone who reads it. Proceed at your own risk. posted for entertainment perposes only.

PonyUp

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Good morning. :D

Thank You once agin unoleisu. I may have to put you and a couple of others on a retainer. :D

It being the glove box and not dash is MOST excellent news. Mine is so stuffed full of recent Auto parts receipts, one might think I am off my rocker and need to be committed. :icon_rofl:

I will check parts stores and stay away from salvage on this one.

Ohh...I noticed something a little weird. When in Kansas the doors did not "creak" when opened. After a couple of days here in Texas...they started to creak.I put white lithium spray on hinges and it helped a little but they still creak. Is ir haunted or am I spraying the wrong place?

Wishing all a great day.....

unoleisu

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Well, everything is supposed to be bigger in texas.....maybe the "creaking" sound is BII growing pains....

Then again, it could be the 100+ temps down there is dehydrating it.....making the grease dry up...

ForOffRoadDriving

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
check the little white rollers on the bottom hinge. when they stop rolling they wind up getting a groove worn into them which can cause a creaking noise as the door is opened and pulled shut. also grab the door at the very end and lift up on it, if it moves up and down its time to replace the hinge pins and bushings. i just read all 5 pages and im impressed by the way youve jumped right in to it! keep up the good work and keep probing for more info, ive been working on RBVs for close to 10 years now and im still learning new stuff!

ForOffRoadDriving

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
one thing that was never mentioned was whether or not your 86 has AC? i have a round 3 hole plug going to my AC (when it had ac, i took it off in favor of gaining access to the spark plugs on the passenger side) that looks very similar to the one shown. it also looks similar to the connector used on the steering column that houses the wires for the horn.

PonyUp

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
unoliesu..You are very funny. :D

FORD....Thanks. I put a little more lithium spray on those rollers and it worked thus far. Very informative info. you shared. Will do a door "lift" check this weekend.

Hopefully will have time to check out that connector which may be AC? The 86 had bulging AC hoses and I took off AC belt but did not disconnect any connectors.

Got the wiper motor replaced on the 89 and did find out it does have a oil level sensor on the oil pan. It has a small leak so will get a new one. That may just be one of the connectors 86 has hanging. Will crawl under both this weekend and do some comparison detective work. :D

I may be changing "my look" ( avatar) this weekend. I still love my 86 but after doing some serious rehabbing/cleaning/polishing/waxing on 89 and she is my new DD...I will share her with you. Still working on the interior. Please control your selves...she is quite stunning for her age. And No slobbering please... :icon_rofl:

Oh...BTW..AZ had some liquid Enjector Cleaner on sale...is it safe to use and does it really work? I think I used some kind in my 86 when it was running.

Thanks again everyone for all of your smiles, time and help.

DFWBII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Good morning. :D

Thank You once agin unoleisu. I may have to put you and a couple of others on a retainer. :D

It being the glove box and not dash is MOST excellent news. Mine is so stuffed full of recent Auto parts receipts, one might think I am off my rocker and need to be committed. :icon_rofl:

I will check parts stores and stay away from salvage on this one.

Ohh...I noticed something a little weird. When in Kansas the doors did not "creak" when opened. After a couple of days here in Texas...they started to creak.I put white lithium spray on hinges and it helped a little but they still creak. Is ir haunted or am I spraying the wrong place?

Wishing all a great day.....
Hi there,, I have an '88 BII I been restoring/replacing/ re-wiring also. Is fun to me doing this as Ive been 'working' on cars since I was 12 y/o with my dear Dad who was a mechanic by trade,,bless his heart. Mechanical stuff just come naturally to me or I inherited his skills,, I :dunno:. I have the dinger in my BII(un-hooked it,,drives me bananas,,haha) The door hinges I used WD-40 to quiet the squeaks(replaced the little metal piece that holds the door open got at AZone) and on the power window mechanisns I used white lithium grease if yours is powered. This site is a great place to find answers to problems,, always someelse who can help you or had the same issues. There's a bunch of great knowlegeable guys here to always lend a hand. Glad your getting the truck fixed up,, keep it on the road!! BTW--I got a genuine Ford shop manual from> www.Helms.com publishers, that is a lot better than Haynes or Chiltons books,, its what the Ford garage mechanix used,, about 3". thick, lots of wiring schematics and drawings, etc. Maybe check at your local library they may have 1 you could check out. Larry,, in sweltering Arlington,Tx.

DFWBII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Well, everything is supposed to be bigger in texas.....maybe the "creaking" sound is BII growing pains....

Then again, it could be the 100+ temps down there is dehydrating it.....making the grease dry up...
Hi neighbor to the north. Just had to butt in here and say howdee to you. things do tend to be bigger here but not always,,heehee. I been re-storing my '88 BII since last Sept,, 3rd owner and its was a basket case when I got it. but Im gettin it together little by little as time allows. got lots of j/y around here I been getting parts from. there's like 5 on the 1 road south of me I visit ever so often. Trouble is,, they dont open til like 830am and its getting hot by then,, go figure that one out. they are very reasonable on parts, ya just tell em what you have in your pocket and they either agree or go up,, depending on the part. One even lets me take my tools back in my DD Chevy p/u but some just only let me walk back into the yards. Maybe we could meet up somewhere for a mini-meet when it cools a bit. gotta git going as its warming up here,, another 105 day, arg...:icon_cheers: Larry

unoleisu

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Ponyup, thanx, just trying to keep things interesting!

Hey DFWBII, nice to hear from ya! I've been to and thru Texas lots of times, and I know the stories are big! ;) We have an Oklahoma RBVer's group on here, and are about to plan a fall meet. Your more than welcome to join in. I don't think anyone would mind at all. I think we're mainly waiting for the 100+ days to fade off. Apparently some people don't have A/C in their trucks anymore.
Anyway, feel free to check out our group.

PonyUp

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Hello and big Thanks DFWBII. :icon_thumby:

I stopped by a couple of JY outside of Dallas. only saw one very stripped BII. Did you do that? :D

There area few in this area but...that heat made it pretty tough for me to even think about really taking notes of parts still on them let alone use a tool to take them off. I got back in Esmeralda (89's name) and made a note to myself. No JY trekking over 95 degrees.

Congrats on taking on your BII. If not for all of the really kind, smart and cool people here.... I am not sure if I would attempt some things. BII/Ranger people rule. :D

That is funny..you did away with your dinger and I want mine. I have a bad habit of leaving keys in car or lights on as I work mostly in the country and just don't worry about keys...until I lock them up while still in the ignition. :annoyed:

I will check the library out...Thanks.

So....fuel injector cleaner or not? Would like to hear other's take on the stuff.

unoliesu....hope weather cools and you guys get to meet up. Will you be doing some rock climbing or just getting together to share tall tales? :D

Here is "89" Esmeralda. She is maroon not red.

unoleisu

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Ponyup, Nice BII!
I have used fuel injector cleaner a couple of times with good results, but can't tell you the brand at the moment. I know it doesn't hurt to use some Seafoam, every once in a awhile.
Also, the Oklahoma RBV'ers group have a current plan to do some lite offroading at the Eagle sanctuary, Keystone Dam (west of Tulsa). there is more info on that group forum. Your welcome to check it out. There is no oklahoma/ Texas rivalry going on, as long as you don't talk football.

jhammel85

The best fuel injector cleaner i've used is Chevron's Fuel Injector cleaner. If it doesn't fix it then you know it's something else.....it's good stuff!

Nice BII by the way! Looks great!

country0001

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford,Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Ponyup:
Howdy. Fuel injector cleaner is not a bad thing.But not needed as often as parts stores recommend. Once every oil change or so will work. Changing your fuel filter will do a world of good. If your state is running ethanol,that can also be used as a fuel injector cleaner. Ford was ahead of the game on E10 usage and is safe to use.Check your owners manual just in case. Good luck on your B2

DFWBII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Ponyup, thanx, just trying to keep things interesting!

Hey DFWBII, nice to hear from ya! I've been to and thru Texas lots of times, and I know the stories are big! ;) We have an Oklahoma RBVer's group on here, and are about to plan a fall meet. Your more than welcome to join in. I don't think anyone would mind at all. I think we're mainly waiting for the 100+ days to fade off. Apparently some people don't have A/C in their trucks anymore.
Anyway, feel free to check out our group.
Yo neighbor,, tnx for the invite to your group's fall shindigs. Havev't checked in here lately so gotta git caught up,,haha. I be glad to join your group. I don'y venture far from Arlington,Tx,,just mainly to Mansfield to the good j/y's there. theres also a bif j/y north of Denton,Tx right on I-35 N. by the drag strip, but I haven't been there as yet. Just got the a/c in my ride charged up and blowing 50F cold air now(onlu use it when its above 90F as I like fresh air ya know. its coolin here a bit now so Ill venture out further to a ORPark north of Bridgeport,Tx. been there,,done that!! in Feb. with some other BIIs. later,,Larry in cooler N.Tx.:yahoo::icon_cheers:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals