Transmission Swap?


Featured Build Threads

Ranger84

5+ Year Member

Joined
Feb 18, 2017
Messages
2
Points
501
Vehicle Year
1984
Transmission
Automatic
Hello,
I have a 1984 Ranger with a slipping transmission. My mechanic told me that I need a new one. Given that it's a C3, I was considering a swap with a C5 if possible. I read in a forum post that a C3 to C5 conversion is possible and will fit the truck without any adapters, etc.

I'm new to this kind of thing and I was hoping for some advice and clarification if in fact a C3 to C5 swap is possible. (The post I read was vague)
If a thread has already been created on this topic, please let me know (I couldn't find one with the information I need).

Your help is appreciated, thanks in advance!
 
Thank you for your reply, I will check that link out. Have a great day!
 

Upcoming TRS Events

Sponsored Ad

Featured Ranger Based Vehicle

TRS Latest Video

Official TRS Merchandise

Follow TRS On Instagram

Back
Top