2.3L ('02-'11) TPS issues looking for guidance


Featured Build Threads

Wiggle the tps connector while you sweep the throttle with forscan hooked up again. You should see if there's a bad connection. Also make sure the throttle shaft isn't over rotating the sensor. Unbolt the tps and hold the throttle wide open. Slip the sensor over the shaft and rotate it by hand to see if the bolt holes line back up.
No connection loss when I wiggle the connector or the wires

I think I did the test you described correctly? If so everything lines up and looks fine there
 
That sounds right...

So why doesn't it reach WOT when it's bolted on? Were you moving it by hand at the throttle body or pushing the pedal in the truck? Maybe you've got the classic cable stretch?
I was moving it with my finger at the throttle body in the sensor itself
 
...I'm looking at my voltage numbers in the graph I posted and at closed it reads .63 and at WOT its only at 3.83...
Just not sure why you had this result earlier then...
 
Just not sure why you had this result earlier then...

I dont understand either . Bad throttle body? They're discontinued. I have one out of a junkyard when I did my intake swap to the one without the swirl plates. 🤷‍♀️
 

Attachments

  • TPS issues looking for guidance
    image.jpg
    484.6 KB · Views: 2
Kinda makes me wonder if the post earlier your 5v supply going low wasn't correct. It's just intermittent. If so what's causing it?
 
Kinda makes me wonder if the post earlier your 5v supply going low wasn't correct. It's just intermittent. If so what's causing it?
Hopefully someone will chime in with some ideas lol
 

Upcoming TRS Events

Sponsored Ad

Featured Ranger Based Vehicle

TRS Latest Video

Official TRS Merchandise

Follow TRS On Instagram

Back
Top