Program ABS Control Module or no?


Featured Build Threads

generic

15+ Year Member

Joined
Mar 25, 2009
Messages
15
Points
3,101
City
Stillwater, OK
Vehicle Year
1996
Transmission
Automatic
I think this is only my 2nd post here as you've all done so well pre-emptively answering my other questions :icon_thumby:

But, now... I am trying to get a definitive answer on whether or not the remanufactured ABS control module I just got (BWD, from Oreilly's) absolutely needs to be reprogrammed for my truck (the old one is toast). I really want to have my ABS back before the weather turns as am commuting 800mi/wk into Tulsa. I understand the VIN and tire size must be coded in and why, but is it crucial? Also, how much is reasonable to pay for a stealership to do it? What about DIY, with the right cable/adapter and software, could I do it myself?

Thanks ahead of time :D

p.s.: this is 4WD 4WABS (profile not showing that bit)
 
Last edited:

Upcoming TRS Events

Sponsored Ad

Latest posts

Featured Ranger Based Vehicle

TRS Latest Video

Official TRS Merchandise

Follow TRS On Instagram

Back
Top