- Joined
- May 26, 2026
- Messages
- 9
- Points
- 1
- City
- RALEIGH
- State - Country
- NC - USA
- Vehicle Year
- 1987
- Vehicle
- Ford Ranger
- Drive
- 4WD
- Engine
- 2.9L
- Transmission
- Manual
- Total Lift
- about 4 inches
- Total Drop
- na
- Tire Size
- 235/75 R15
I needed to replace the head gaskets on my 87 ranger, and every, single exhaust manifold bolt on the passenger side and half of them on the driver side snaped off. I got new heads from Promaxx, because it was cheaper than paying to drill out so many bolts, but I still need new bolts and I can't find them. I also need upper intake manifold bolts, because whoever replaced the valley gasket overtightened the crap out of them. One twisted half way around and I don't know how it didn't snap in half, but I don't think i want to trust the others that had been just as tight. Any advice on where to find exhaust and upper intake bolts? I'm struggling, This ranger has really been a pain lately.

