Misfire on #3


Featured Build Threads

dogdammit

Forum Member

Joined
Feb 3, 2026
Messages
17
Points
101
City
Livingston
State - Country
CA - USA
Vehicle Year
2003
Vehicle
Ford Ranger
Drive
2WD
Engine
3.0L
I have a 2003 3.0 RWD XLT Extended cab. The code is, as you probably know, P0303. I took it to a shop and I think there must have been some miscommunication because they said it needed plugs and wires. It didn't really sound like that was a problem to me, especially the way they said it but I pulled it out and did it myself. No change. I made sure to do it as proper as possible, took the clips in the house and washed them with dish soap, kept the old plug wires in a sort of layout so I could reference where the new ones should go, also replaced one at a time to be absolutely sure I had it all correct. I am thinking about going back, unfortunately I have to pay another diag... kinda wish I would've let him have it. Anyway I want some y'all's opinions before I do anything more here.

I have power to the injector just like the others, the old spark plug and wire looked okay, like the shop said just worn out and it was about time. I have not checked compression or injector pulse, I think I can put a test light or wire up a light bulb and that'd show me injector pulse?
 

Upcoming TRS Events

Sponsored Ad

Featured Ranger Based Vehicle

TRS Latest Video

Official TRS Merchandise

Follow TRS On Instagram

Back
Top