M50D-R1 slip yoke (output shaft) solution


Featured Build Threads

sc_frontier

5+ Year Member

Joined
Jul 26, 2016
Messages
4
Points
501
Vehicle Year
1994
Transmission
Manual
Ford still sells the larger slip yoke:
F6ZZ4841BA

The old slip yoke has been discontinued:
E8TZ4841F

To make the new slip yoke work, you need a conversion or "bastard" u-joint. I used the Moog 353 u joint. This allows you to retain the factory style slip yoke with the large dampener.

FYI I used the Moog 369 u joint for the pinion yoke.
 

Attachments

  • M50D-R1 slip yoke (output shaft) solution
    slipyoke.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 754
  • M50D-R1 slip yoke (output shaft) solution
    ujoint.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 726
Ford no longer sells the original style slip yoke. I'm sure you could use a non-damped yoke from a c4 transmission, but I couldn't find any the same length as the original.
 

Upcoming TRS Events

Sponsored Ad

Featured Ranger Based Vehicle

TRS Latest Video

Official TRS Merchandise

Follow TRS On Instagram

Back
Top