2.3L ('83-'97) is it possible to keep a/c box with 2.3 turbocoupe/SVO engine in 1990 ranger engine bay


Featured Build Threads

stamina

Forum Member

Joined
Nov 20, 2021
Messages
227
Points
101
City
Wilmington, NC
Vehicle Year
1990
Engine
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Total Lift
4” suspension
Tire Size
265/75/r16
My credo
built her in a storage unit
is it possible to keep a/c box with a 2.3 turbo engine in a ranger engine bay? or does the evaporator box need to be swapped out for the NON AC box
 
Not sure but I think the evaporator is in the way of the turbo, might be necessary to at least flip the stock turbo manifold (I think it just takes some trimming, I've heard of it but never done it) over to push the turbo forward or get one of the goofy headers off of ebay... I know it's been done
 
iirc, you flip the exhaust manifold over like Scott said, and that moves the turbo enough to have clearance for the a/c system.
 

Upcoming TRS Events

Sponsored Ad

Featured Ranger Based Vehicle

TRS Latest Video

Official TRS Merchandise

Follow TRS On Instagram

Back
Top