borg warner t10


Featured Build Threads

What is it off of is the first question you need to answer.

I think the SBF bolt pattern has changed over time. I'm not sure of that, but I vaguely recall seeing somewhere that early 289s had a different pattern than the 302 and 351.
 
I think the SBF bolt pattern has changed over time.

This is correct, there are is a 5 bolt, and a 6 bolt version. Here's a photo noting the difference.

borg warner t10


I would think the T10 should fit either though with the appropriate bellhousing and pilot bearing.

NOTE: Dave (Mac) posted that photo over on www.allfordmustangs.com

EDIT: Be sure to use the correct flywheel as well. There are 28oz. and 50oz. counter-weighted versions. Is the motor an H.O. motor?
 
Last edited:
I don't really know that much about the motor I havent gotten it yet been trying to find a tranny which I found a diff one thank u for ur time and info it was deffinatly helpful
 
EDIT: Be sure to use the correct flywheel as well. There are 28oz. and 50oz. counter-weighted versions. Is the motor an H.O. motor?

All 5.0s went to 50oz in '81.
 
Even the trucks did?

I've read that some truck engines didnt change until '86-'87. I dont believe it. My '82 F-150 had a 50oz. I know it was original, my grandfather bought it brand new.
 
Like Shane said, all you need is the right bellhousing to make it work. Very strong, depending on which one. In '63-64' it was used behind the big blocks. Used up to late '66' in some Fords.
Dave of the Nord
 

Upcoming TRS Events

Sponsored Ad

Featured Ranger Based Vehicle

TRS Latest Video

Official TRS Merchandise

Follow TRS On Instagram

Back
Top