97 Ranger Electrical - Blower Motor/AC


Featured Build Threads

ALRanger97

10+ Year Member

Joined
Jun 21, 2014
Messages
2
Points
1,501
Vehicle Year
1997
Transmission
Manual
I have a 97 Ranger 4cyl 5spd manual.

Since I got the truck the lowest speed on the blower has not worked, but it wasn't a big deal. A few days ago, I turned off the truck with the AC running just fine on med/high. I get back in the truck and cannot get the key to turn in either direction. After about 5 minutes of moving the key around, moving the wheel, etc. the key finally turned. Since then, no issues with the key. However, the fan was no longer working. I didn't have time to fix it but researched and bought a resistor.

Right before I went to replace the resistor, I start up the truck and the wiper blades start running and will not stop. I figure between the two, possible it is the ignition switch. Wipers eventually stop after several errands run. Replace ignition switch, nothing. Replace resistor, nothing. All fuses and relays look good and have been switched with others of same voltage to double check. Guy at Autozone brings out a new blower motor and hooks it up outside of the truck and it is getting no power. Bought and installed a new speed control switch, nothing.

Sorry for the length but I'm running out of ideas. Blower is not getting power but I'm stuck as to what my next move is. At this point I'm $75 in with all materials and I don't want to take it in. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
 
Ran power directly from the battery today and the blower motor ran. There is a drop off in the electrical somewhere, but I don't know where. Any help or ideas are appreciated.
 
Sounds like you've got a short somewhere. All I can say is to look at wiring diagrams and see what could be causing the effect upstream.
 

Upcoming TRS Events

Sponsored Ad

Featured Ranger Based Vehicle

TRS Latest Video

Official TRS Merchandise

Follow TRS On Instagram

Back
Top