'96 2WD: 14"->15" upsize... anything wrong with this?


Featured Build Threads

fireant

15+ Year Member

Joined
Aug 2, 2010
Messages
28
Points
3,101
City
Central TX
Vehicle Year
1996
Transmission
Automatic
Howdy folks.

i've got my hands on a gem of a Ranger.... 96 4.0 2WD auto with low miles.

The wheels on it are the stock 14x6 4-hole design, and I measured 3.75" backspacing on the one that had a blowout (the tires are shot!)

'96 2WD: 14"->15" upsize... anything wrong with this?


So this is a perfect opportunity to upgrade the wheels and tires. I'm looking at summit racing's deal on Cragar Soft 8's in 15x8 with 4" backspacing ( http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CRR-3975812/ ) , plus some 235x75/15 tires.

'96 2WD: 14"->15" upsize... anything wrong with this?


In a nutshell its this:

Wheels:
14x6 +3.75" ---> 15x8 +4"

Tires:
26.7" height ---> 28.9" height


Would there be any problems with this setup?
 
Last edited:
Thanks. I'm assuming they will stick out a little more than stock, but not be a problem, correct?
 
As long as you get ones with a 4.5X5 bolt pattern they will be fine. Speedometer might be a hair off, nothing awful.
 
Howdy folks.

i've got my hands on a gem of a Ranger.... 96 4.0 2WD auto with low miles.

The wheels on it are the stock 14x6 4-hole design, and I measured 3.75" backspacing on the one that had a blowout (the tires are shot!)
Would there be any problems with this setup?

there's your problem, rangers have a 5 hole design. the pic shows this too. i'm probably just trollin cuz i hope you made a typo :icon_thumby:
 
there's your problem, rangers have a 5 hole design. the pic shows this too. i'm probably just trollin cuz i hope you made a typo :icon_thumby:

By 4-hole, I really meant 4-spoke (the wheel design, not the bolt pattern).

Anyways, I went with 15x8 Soft-8s and 235/70/15s and they look great. Thanks for the help.
 

Upcoming TRS Events

Sponsored Ad

Featured Ranger Based Vehicle

TRS Latest Video

Official TRS Merchandise

Follow TRS On Instagram

Back
Top