2.3L ('83-'97) 1992 Ranger 2.3 EGR (EVR) solenoid in line plug resistor thing


Featured Build Threads

Joined
Nov 23, 2025
Messages
2
Points
1
City
nola
State - Country
LA - USA
Vehicle Year
1992
Vehicle
Ford Ranger
Drive
2WD
Engine
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
I have a 92 federal emissions manual trans 2.3 2wd ranger. I am getting code 334, I tested my egr system, its a stuck egr valve. However while testing I noticed this plug in between my wire harness and evr was getting hot while manually applying 12v to the evr. I opened it up and it had a resistor and what looked like a ceramic capacitor but it was cooked and disintegrated as soon as I tried to peal back the heat shrink a bit. I cant find anything about this, do I need it, does anyone have a replacement or know the capacitor/resistor values?
 

Attachments

  • 1992 Ranger 2.3 EGR (EVR) solenoid in line plug resistor thing
    e8tea1a9j459_resistor_plug.jpeg
    203.3 KB · Views: 111
  • 1992 Ranger 2.3 EGR (EVR) solenoid in line plug resistor thing
    e8tea1a9j459_plug_opened.jpeg
    184.9 KB · Views: 157
  • 1992 Ranger 2.3 EGR (EVR) solenoid in line plug resistor thing
    e8te-a1a-9j459.jpeg
    131.7 KB · Views: 146
That's the EGR vacuum solenoid
 
That's the EGR vacuum solenoid
I am not talking about the EGR solenoid (specifically called EVR for this version) I am talking about the plug in between it and the wire harness. I found one attached in the photos of this standard motor products part vs79 egr solenoid but it is out of stock and searching the ford p/n E8TE-9J459-A1A or E8TE-A1A-9J459 gets no results.
 
Last edited:

Upcoming TRS Events

Sponsored Ad

Featured Ranger Based Vehicle

TRS Latest Video

Official TRS Merchandise

Follow TRS On Instagram

Back
Top