• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Missing harmonic balancer bolt thread pitch and length?

rangeron33s

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Title pretty much says it. Bought an 88 with the 2.9 and it's missing the damn main bolt on the harmonic balancer. Dont know how unsafe it is to run without it but I feel like I should probably get one asap. Trying to look everywhere and all I can find is ones for the v8s. But I dont know if theyll cross over. So if anyone knows or has one laying around that they could measure up for me thatd be awsome

BrutalPanda

Reaction score
Personally I wouldn't run it without it at all, but that's me. I'm swapping my balancer tommorow, so I will measure it for you if you don't get your answer by then

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

rangeron33s

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Well I figured out the thread pitch but still need the length. It's a m12x1.5 if anyone is ever interested in that. It's the exact same as the head bolt. Unfortunately unless the bolt has about 6 turns in it, then the previous owner snapped the bolt off in there. So I will still need the length of possible, length of threads and length of the shaft itself. Thanks in advance

Paulos

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987 STX
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I just check my parts and came up with 12 x 1.5 x 75, hex head, no shank, "KAMAX 110" on the head. When measuring the crank and the vibration dampener, the bolt will screw into the crank about 1-1/8" (the dampener slides on 1-1/2" of the crank, minus the timing gear). There was a flat washer in the same zip-lock bag that would not fit anything else in the bag, so I'm assuming it goes with the bolt - 24mm OD x 3mm thick. I hope that helps.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals