• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Woohoo Made my run time!

dp88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
After 3 years of doing nothing faster than walking I finally got my 2 mile run down to 15:30, just faster than the slowest allowed by the Army...:icon_twisted: But I got it! Almost there on push ups, got the sit ups. I wish they did pull ups I could max out.

mn_smokeater

Firefighter
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.4L V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Good deal! it dont matter if you make it in x amout of time it matters if you make the cut an ya got it.

bcost882

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2000, 2011
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L, 1.6L
Transmission
Manual
you haven't gone to basic yet? cause they will get it down there haha I had 13:20 at the beginning and was down to 10:20 by the end haha and that was only 6.5 weeks of airforce basic. have fun with it and good on you man.

dp88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks guys no no basic yet doing ROTC but also plan on duing the SMP so National Guard and college. Im about to become busy lol.

darkspork

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Good luck to you. I barely meet the new AF pt standards, and I had to cut back on smoking to get there.

crbnunit

Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Ran cross country in HS. Did 2 miles in 11 minutes flat one day. Got beat badly too! I think the course was a bit short though. Used to be able to knock out 15 pull ups or chin ups with my mountainbike clipped to my feet. Of course, that was "back in the day" when I rock climbed almost every day and trained almost constantly... That kind of crap would kill me now.

Good on you man! 15:30 is respectable!

Hopman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Good luck to you. I barely meet the new AF pt standards, and I had to cut back on smoking to get there.
On the bright side, the money you save on smokes can be put towards goodies for your Ranger!

darkspork

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
On the bright side, the money you save on smokes can be put towards goodies for your Ranger!
It's put towards beer, I turned 21 around the time I cut back. Any other money saved goes in to our (my wife's and mine) project car (1988 VW). The goodies I'm buying for the Ranger is a new set of tires before winter (Michelin LTX M/S2) and a hard folding tonneau cover (I hate having a camper shell, leaning towards the extang solid fold). I can't justify dumping money into upgrades because I don't drive the Ranger that much anymore (about 300 miles a month). The money for the Ranger "goodies" is already set aside from the 2009 tax return I just need to sell the camper shell.

Last edited:

dp88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Yea i quit smoking and drinking when I started getting in shape, I have so much more money! lol

Nater

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
I always thought about driving a 5 speed when doing my 2 miles. I actually cut my times doing that. Best 2 miler was 12.45. I thought was doing good till I got passed my my 1SG.

dp88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I just keep calling myself, well put nicely a wuss and various things to motivate me.

darkspork

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I just keep calling myself, well put nicely a wuss and various things to motivate me.
That used to work for me. Now whenever I do it I start thinking about where I'm stationed and how I "earn" my paycheck. Then I become overwhelmed with "de-motivation".

01_ranger_4x4

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
o man i sure feel your pain. i always struggled with the run, im just not a runner. i had no problem with the push ups and sit ups but the run was a killer for me. my best time was 13 flat in AIT but it quickly dropped off after that. beer will do that. lol

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals