• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Wiping a hard drive & starting over

97fordrunner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
He guys, I have a Dell Netbook with Windows XP and want to wipe the hard drive and start from scratch, is there a way to do this? I did download a program called Kill Disk but that just cleaned up the drives. And I tried Formating it but being that it only has 1 drive it doesn't allow that to work. I know if it had a CD drive I could put in the windows CD but no such luck there. Thanks

Rock Auto 5% Discount Code: BD8D9A3814E19D Expires July 5th, 2022

Mirage

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Most Dell's have a hidden partition on the hard rive that holds a copy of windows. You may have to look it up online, but I think if you power it off, then hold down the F12 key, and power it back on, holding the F12 key the whole time, you should get a screen that asks if you are sure you want to reinstall windows. If you answer "yes", it will wipe the drive and re-install windows for you, it will also install all the old drivers that came with your Dell. Just like factory fresh.

Best of luck!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad