• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

What did YOU do today?

Bgunner

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/Ranger XLT
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
225/70/R15
My credo
If it's not broken Don't Fix It!
Yesterday I installed front, rear and side skid plates, shock socks, rear brace, temp and voltage sensors and telemetry module on the R/C truck. Today I installed aluminum servo guards. Tomorrow I will be adding shock oil to one shock that developed a leak after installing the shock socks and adding a clamp for the temp sensor.

Played for a while with the truck and dog and gave him a good running. Yesterday Major barked at the truck so much he was foaming at the mouth like the dog in Cujo. He's having a blast with it.

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
Water tank got installed yesterday. I couldn't believe it. I didn't have to make one extra trip to get the thing installed.

And I found a dead bird in the chimney while trying to figure out why it wasn't drafting properly.

Rick W

Supporting Member
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 1987
Make / Model
Ranger XLT x2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.9
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
97 stock, 3” on 87
Total Drop
N/A
Tire Size
235/75-15
My credo
Never put off ‘til tomorrow what you can put off indefinitely
Water tank got installed yesterday. I couldn't believe it. I didn't have to make one extra trip to get the thing installed.

And I found a dead bird in the chimney while trying to figure out why it wasn't drafting properly.
Good for you!

Isn’t it a great feeling when something annoying that you have to do, that should be relatively simple, actually turns out to be relatively simple?

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
Good for you!

Isn’t it a great feeling when something annoying that you have to do, that should be relatively simple, actually turns out to be relatively simple?
Indeed and not having to make multiple parts runs for the project is a great and very unusual feeling.

pjtoledo

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Fords
Engine Size
3.0 2.3
went to the optometrist for checkup, I'm good to go for a while yet.

helpful hint: do not schedule an appointment for late day/evening if you're going to get the eyes dilated.
during low light, when street light and headlights are on, dilated eyes will see these as huge fuzzy orbs about 4-6 feet in diameter.
add the fact you won't be able to focus and driving is damn near impossible.

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
@pjtoledo congrats on the good results, I wish I could get that. Maybe someday. I'm surprised that they didn't warn you about the dilation before hand.

My situation with the dilation is a little different. I get injections for DME every 8 weeks and they dilate every 6 months, so about every third visit. I won't drive to the normal appointments because the way the injections mess with my vision, but I drive to my parents house for a ride, then drive home several hours later. Injections around 3pm and I'm good to drive around 6 or 7 pm. On appointments where they dilate, I won't even do that. They pick me up at my house and bring me back, because it's likely I won't be seeing well enough to drive until the next morning. Might would be ok if the Sun were still up, but headlights and street lights are a no-go.

pjtoledo

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Fords
Engine Size
3.0 2.3
@pjtoledo congrats on the good results, I wish I could get that. Maybe someday. I'm surprised that they didn't warn you about the dilation before hand.

My situation with the dilation is a little different. I get injections for DME every 8 weeks and they dilate every 6 months, so about every third visit. I won't drive to the normal appointments because the way the injections mess with my vision, but I drive to my parents house for a ride, then drive home several hours later. Injections around 3pm and I'm good to drive around 6 or 7 pm. On appointments where they dilate, I won't even do that. They pick me up at my house and bring me back, because it's likely I won't be seeing well enough to drive until the next morning. Might would be ok if the Sun were still up, but headlights and street lights are a no-go.
the bad experience was a couple years ago. I've had morning appointments ever since.
sounds like your situation is much worse, I'm basically in the monitor and use drops category.

Bgunner

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/Ranger XLT
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
225/70/R15
My credo
If it's not broken Don't Fix It!
We took Major to the vet for X‐rays on his jaw. He hasn't been opening his mouth all the way for a while now and the vet said he has MMM (Masticatory Muscle Myositis). This immune disease causes his body to attack the muscles in his jaw causing swelling and pain in the chewing muscles.

For months now I have been telling the vet we think something is wrong because he would no longer pick up a tennis ball in his mouth which made play time harder as he loves to chase his toys when we throw them. He would grab the ball by the small threads on the out side of the ball with his small front teeth. Just recently we noticed he was just swallowing his food and not chewing it. The same with his carrots 🥕 as a snack.

He is being put on a steroid to help and time will tell if he needs to be on them his whole life or if he a lucky one that can be weened off the completely and stay in remission.

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
Had my yearly physical today, seems my recent neck & hip pains are arthritis. joy o joy. eye appointment is next week, I already know my prescription needs changed. Did a few vehicle things today, now just watching the billy joel concert replay. gonna find some tylenol at the next commercial break. Feeling older today. And I know a few of you have me beat.

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
Had my yearly physical today, seems my recent neck & hip pains are arthritis. joy o joy. eye appointment is next week, I already know my prescription needs changed. Did a few vehicle things today, now just watching the billy joel concert replay. gonna find some tylenol at the next commercial break. Feeling older today. And I know a few of you have me beat.
Arthritis in the fingers is bad enough. Glocusamine Chondroitin might help some. Bear in mind, it takes about a month for it to fully kick in and it doesn't work or work well for some. You can get it at Dollar General without paying through the nose for it like you do at a pharmacy.

Rick W

Supporting Member
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 1987
Make / Model
Ranger XLT x2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.9
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
97 stock, 3” on 87
Total Drop
N/A
Tire Size
235/75-15
My credo
Never put off ‘til tomorrow what you can put off indefinitely
I’m not even going to go there on neck pain, leg pain, fingers that curl in my hand all by themselves, etc. i’m doing all the high mileage work with a couple doctors, but I don’t know that any of it is going to really help. And I refused to do the oxy cure.

On a more positive note, today will be alternating the mower, the Weedwhacker, the little chainsaw, with small tasks on the ‘Raith. I spent a few thousand dollars on a chainsaw crew to take out three big and several small trees, and a bunch of thick undergrowth a couple weeks ago, and if I don’t start mowing and whacking, I’m just going to have it back by the end of the summer. It really has opened up the place after my years of illness and injury.

The main goal remains getting the ‘Raith roadworthy so I can move it around. I pulled the bonehead move the last time I drove the Road Ranger of blocking in three of my vehicles, and then disabling it with some maintenance and improvements I wanted to do.. If I get the Raith moved, I can move the step trailer, and get all the Lincolns back out on the road.

I’m refining the details of the plan with a 2nd cup of coffee while I watch MotorTrend channel right now. Lincoln is providing moral support from the other spot on the recliner.

Last edited:

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
Went to a auction this morning, I didn’t buy anything but Bren did. You know how sometimes they will group things together, throw something in to get rid of it that no one would otherwise buy?, Well Bren got a huge box of encyclopedias from the 1950’s. Talk about heavy reading! Well we get home & she is checking out her christmas villages she bought & I took pictures of the encyclopedias to post on marketplace (you never know, right?) and I see this 3-point hitch boom pole for $100, they are normally $200 and I had been wanting one. So I offered $80 & waited. A little later I noticed the same guy was also selling a 3-point dirt scoop for $125. Holy cow!, they go for $700 normally so I sent another message asking for both items for $200. He accepted and I got to try out my escape as a tow vehicle. While not as good as the V6 escape it didnt do bad. better brakes than the ranger so thats always a plus. Was only 15 miles away so not a bad trip to take.

IMG_7908.jpeg
IMG_7911.jpeg

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
I removed the enclosure panels from the front porch and cut the grass.

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
Got home at midnight from a work trip, while out there I watched the craigslist and found a estate sale with possibilities... ended up with a new roll of aluminum flashing, one pipe clamp, some lego style RV wedge things, a spray paint handle deal, an angle adapter for 1/4" drive stuff, paint scraper and the wife got some other things for a total of $15 so not bad... they had other things that were tempting but I refrained...

After I got home I mowed all the yard, needed it... might fire up the tractor and try to pull up the bush the wife wants to replace, it's pokey so I'm not too against it...

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
After I got home I mowed all the yard, needed it... might fire up the tractor and try to pull up the bush the wife wants to replace, it's pokey so I'm not too against it...
I shure need to do that, but it's been raining all afternoon, so I don't think it's going to happen this weekend. Maybe I can at least get the riding mower and weedeaters up and running tomorrow. Not too hopeful for the pusher, might have to drop it off and let dad play with the carburetor some.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals