• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

What did YOU do today?

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
I did a thing! A TREMENDOUS thing! (For me)

Installed the absolute simplest trailer light harness possible on the bronco lol.

Plug n play other than drilling a hole for a ground and running a power wire from the battery all the way rear and held together with supplied butt connectors (for now)

I should of started earlier in the day considering the time it starts to get dark. Worst part for me was trying to figure out where to run the stupid power wire and getting all covered in undercoating.

I need to get back underneath to run the damn power wire a little better and "clean it up" a bit as well as ditch the butt connectors for solder.. but its good enough for tomorrow anyways.. headed up to my potential property to ride wheelers and check it out.

I really don't care how easy of a job it is in reality. I HATE HATE HATE anything to do with wires & electricity apart from RC cars.. been dreading putting that damn thing in.. glad its 'done'.
Come work with me, we’ll start you off easy. Here’s one of the fuse blocks from one of our more basic trucks with no power windows, locks, or anything like that. This truck has 3 fuse blocks.

E51AD150-E096-43F2-B498-04E159F094C4.jpeg

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.
Awww. Come on, now. Wires aren’t all that bad.
Hate em. The way they look, the way they feel, definitely the way they taste.. wiring is too.. detail oriented? Monotonous.. tedious mabey.. idk.. I just hate having to do it.

I'm more of a 'wail on it with a hammer' or 'hang off the breaker bar' kinda guy.

Plus.. it's almost 2024... why isn't everything wireless by now ugh 😑 😋

Come work with me, we’ll start you off easy. Here’s one of the fuse blocks from one of our more basic trucks with no power windows, locks, or anything like that. This truck has 3 fuse blocks.

View attachment 100214
Good lord. I think I'd rather fight a dozen rabid cobras naked than figure out that neatly organized mess lol.

...can snakes get rabies?

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
Good lord. I think I'd rather fight a dozen rabid cobras naked than figure out that neatly organized mess lol.

...can snakes get rabies?
That’s the easy one… and why would you want to fight naked cobras?

SenorNoob

TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.5" Front + 4" Rear
Tire Size
245-70-R16
That "mess" looks very much like the inside of every industrial control cabinet I've ever been into. At least that's what they look like when new. Give a few years and multiple "special functions" and 1/2 a***d repairs later. Well. I wish it was that good.

Roert42

RBV's on Boost
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
More flooring. :/

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Realized I never got around to ordering a camera mount for the Bronco.

Improvise.

Adapt.

Overcome.

Two bucks and change and works perfect.

20231014_100019.jpg

Drove down Kansas and almost thru Oklahoma.

20231014_184712.jpg

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Took a ride up to my buddys property.. it's pretty awesome. It's a bit 'out there'... but thats most of the appeal honestly.

Rode wheelers around a bit since there's trails everywhere, and came upon this old cemetery.
20231015_130547.jpg

Nearly everyone in it died before WWI, and there was a handful of Civil War folks in it as well. Earliest birth that we could make out was 1782 or something.

Didn't blow the wheeler up either.. and it got a decent flogging lol. After flushing it with 3 gallons of oil I got rid of the vanilla milkshake and ended up at a lighter caramel color.. not optimal but close enough for me..

After 20 miles or so (with a few being WOT) it burned off the rest of the moisture in the oil and now looks as it should. I put some thicker than called for oil in it since I knew it was just gonna get thinned out a bit.. end of the day still no smoke or nasty noises. We made it!

Kinda want to ditch the thing for a twice-by-side though 🤔 getting old I guess.

Roert42

RBV's on Boost
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Took a ride up to my buddys property.. it's pretty awesome. It's a bit 'out there'... but thats most of the appeal honestly.

Rode wheelers around a bit since there's trails everywhere, and came upon this old cemetery.
View attachment 100262
Nearly everyone in it died before WWI, and there was a handful of Civil War folks in it as well. Earliest birth that we could make out was 1782 or something.

Didn't blow the wheeler up either.. and it got a decent flogging lol. After flushing it with 3 gallons of oil I got rid of the vanilla milkshake and ended up at a lighter caramel color.. not optimal but close enough for me..

After 20 miles or so (with a few being WOT) it burned off the rest of the moisture in the oil and now looks as it should. I put some thicker than called for oil in it since I knew it was just gonna get thinned out a bit.. end of the day still no smoke or nasty noises. We made it!

Kinda want to ditch the thing for a twice-by-side though 🤔 getting old I guess.
So, first impressions. You wanna buy it?

Roert42

RBV's on Boost
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Still working on fixing up my mothers house, almost done. More flooring and a splash of electrical work.
Probably 60 or so hours of work and it’ll be done. hoping to be finished by Christmas.

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
I’ve been doing “military things” that last few days. The Air Force does that periodically throughout the year. So no big deal in that regard or cause for alarm. I kind of prefer the Army’s way of doing it better though (one of the things I think they do right). They focus on the military member learning their primary job throughout the year and focus on the “military things” right before deployment. That way, the member knows how to do their primary job and do it well instead of learning it or getting better at it when deployed. But I’m just a pawn on the chess board and don’t make policy.

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
So, first impressions. You wanna buy it?
My first impression was "wow, this road sucks" lol. Even by Maine standards. It's a very low traffic road too, in a town so small that it doesn't even have a public works... so I'm sure it'll be another couple decades until it gets repaved 😋

Other than that, the location is gorgeous.. up in the more mountain-y part of the state.. probably up enough where we'd have to deal with MUCH more snow but whatever. It's the type of town where you can ride a wheeler right down the main road and nobody would care.. the neighbors kid actually rides his sled down the road to school in the winter lol.

There's a dispensary "in town" as well as a dunkin donuts.. so that's nice 😋 easy access to enough ATV trails to keep us busy for... forever probably.

The property itself is kinda wet.. not exactly swampy.. but definitely wet. Getting rid of a bigger beaver dam on the lower part of the property would definitely help it dry up though, as well as cutting some trees.

I'd definitely buy as much as he'd want to sell me in the blink of an eye. It would be making my daily commute 100 miles instead of the 20 I've been used to.. but at least its a nice peaceful drive.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

Chapap

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
1.5” till I get these springs replaced
Tire Size
225-70-R14
Finally opened my tierods after waiting a couple months for the weather to cool. If anyone ordered a case of grease from RA and only got a single tube, I have your case.
IMG_1543.jpeg

Roert42

RBV's on Boost
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
While I was loading scrap into the back of my truck I smashed my finger with an old transformer. Thing weighed at least 100lbs.

Set it down too fast and it bounced on the bed liner and smashed into my hand against the tailgate.

Still seems to work and hasn't turned purple, so I got that going for me.

Bgunner

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/Ranger XLT
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
225/70/R15
My credo
If it's not broken Don't Fix It!
I watched a car fire right from the comfort of my bedroom. A visiting nurse's car caught fire in my parking lot area so I got to watch it burn and be put out by the fire department. A total loss, as to be expected, but the main part of the fire was in the front seat area so I'm thinking a cigarette or maybe a power adapter caused it.

I have pics but they are to big to upload to the site and I don't feel like resizing them all.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals