• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Was in my first WRECK today.

tylork92

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Well was turning left off the road into the parking lot at my work. Had to stop to wait on a couple cars go by before i could turn and then i went to turn and a lady comin out of the parking lot, also turning left, never looked my way and ran right into me.

Of course it was her fault and the cops were called and all that jazz.

Got the lower corner of my cab as well as the fron part of the bed. Missed my rims tho. But it did jar my truck enough to break my amp. It now wont turn on. Where it got the cab is the worse. It creased the metal in the corner pretty bad. Dont kno what insurance will say as its a long weekend with Labor Day.

Heres a pic:

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
doesnt look that bad man, i pulled out some dents similar to those with a wood block and a hammer

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
that sucks, at least you werent hurt and plus, her insurance is gonna pay to have it fixed. silly lady drivers

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
^
haha, my bad

The_Dealer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Duh!
Transmission
Automatic
pull the interior panel of the cab and use a block and mallet to get the metal close to shape. on the bed, put some dawn on the edge of a plunger(low miles one works better), and pull the dent, then start bondo work. i never tried it before and i did it and it was pretty easy, just really time consuming. buy a body file, i didnt have one and it made it take way longer. heres pics

before any work

plunger love

In the middle of the bondo work

A little primer

And for the record, its perfectly smooth it looks like there are ridges but thats the primer still wet

Painted

Fix it yourself and keep the money lol, thats what i did, and like i said ive never done it before, just read the directions and take your time(bondo always sands off), try to get the metal back as close as u can to its original shape so u can use the bondo to "glaze" the highs and lows. btw a orbital or disk sander really helps

Last edited:

tylork92

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
yea im pretty good at bondo as ive been makin custom door panels all summer.

heres some more pics i just took of the wreck:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals