• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Uninsured Driver

budro

V8 Engine Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Anyone in KS???? My wife was hit by a drunk driver the other morning and totalled out our truck. She is ok but truck is toast. The other driver totalled her car out as well when she ran the stop sign. Here is the kicker her insurance expired in july. Anyone know of a good lawyer around Manhattan?? Our truck is worth $10,000 still and am not about to take it in the arse. Anyone else have to deal with a similar situation? Any tips are extremely needed.

snake

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
This is why I pay extra for uninsured motorist coverage. Yeah, it sucks I have to buy my insurance as well as the asshole who is going to run me over too- but that's the way it is. If they could drive sober they could afford insurance...

I feel your pain. A lawyer would be a step in the right direction but be forewarned- if they are broke you get nothing and they get off scott-free. How do I know this? I speak from experience, henceforth the uninsured motorist coverage...

budro

V8 Engine Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Have it

Kansas makes it mandatory but it only covers bodily damage doesnt cover property damage.

mentalbreakdown00

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Jeep
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I have always had uninsured motorist coverage. Has come in handy 2 times so far.

R***A**N**G**E***R

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Anyone in KS???? My wife was hit by a drunk driver the other morning and totalled out our truck. She is ok but truck is toast. The other driver totalled her car out as well when she ran the stop sign. Here is the kicker her insurance expired in july. Anyone know of a good lawyer around Manhattan?? Our truck is worth $10,000 still and am not about to take it in the arse. Anyone else have to deal with a similar situation? Any tips are extremely needed.
Take them to court and even if they are broke you will still get a JUDGMENT against them and can technically attach their wages assuming they work and this judgment will go on the ( CREDIT REPORT ) and if they ever want to buy a house or get any type of substantial loan they will be screwed UNTIL they take care of the issue.

So you might not get any money BUT they will be screwed on their credit, screwing with somebodies credit POSSIBLY might be all the incentive they need to get you paid back.

Having bad stuff on your credit report really blows and this will definitely go on theirs assuming you sue them and they don't pay it back!!!

Good luck

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
Take them to court and even if they are broke you will still get a JUDGMENT against them and can technically attach their wages assuming they work and this judgment will go on the ( CREDIT REPORT ) and if they ever want to buy a house or get any type of substantial loan they will be screwed UNTIL they take care of the issue.

So you might not get any money BUT they will be screwed on their credit, screwing with somebodies credit POSSIBLY might be all the incentive they need to get you paid back.

Having bad stuff on your credit report really blows and this will definitely go on theirs assuming you sue them and they don't pay it back!!!

Good luck
only for 7 years and the red tape and expense it takes to garnish wages is not worth a $10,000 settlement plus what ever the lawyer charges.

the only time it is worth the expense to garnish wages is when its either Friend of the Court (child support) or IRS or Government subsidized loans (student loans) because it is the tax payers footing the bill for the garnishment.

I have been sued twice, I am not paying the judgements, they can kiss my big white oregonian ass and I can still get loans.

R***A**N**G**E***R

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
only for 7 years and the red tape and expense it takes to garnish wages is not worth a $10,000 settlement plus what ever the lawyer charges.

the only time it is worth the expense to garnish wages is when its either Friend of the Court (child support) or IRS or Government subsidized loans (student loans) because it is the tax payers footing the bill for the garnishment.

I have been sued twice, I am not paying the judgements, they can kiss my big white oregonian ass and I can still get loans.
Do not listen to this person!!!! :icon_rofl:

Somebody that doesn't pay their debts can't be trusted and thru their owm admission they have been sued TWICE lol, but it's all good. :icon_cheers:

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
yep, once was by a Landlord for Violating the lease (I am sorry but a discharge does in fact constitute a change in Order thus releasing me from any financial obligation..... the Liberal Draft dodging soldier hating judge didn't see it that way)

and the other was somebody broke into my car, my rotweiler bit said scum bag. I was sued for the dog bite.

Like I said, they can kiss my big white oregonian ass

erocka1982

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
yep, once was by a Landlord for Violating the lease (I am sorry but a discharge does in fact constitute a change in Order thus releasing me from any financial obligation..... the Liberal Draft dodging soldier hating judge didn't see it that way)

and the other was somebody broke into my car, my rotweiler bit said scum bag. I was sued for the dog bite.

Like I said, they can kiss my big white oregonian ass
i might not agree with you in a lot of these threads but i agree with you 100% on this one. military aint for me but you do what you gotta do there. as far as the dog goes, i hope said scum bag at least got bit pretty good and hell remember how much of an idiot he is everytime he sees that scar

chittybangbang

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
So did you have insurance? if not write it off on your taxes for a total loss.

beaujt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
can you write it off on your taxes without getting into trouble? i ain't heard of that before.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
you can sure try. I think that might be legal under loss on property, but I'm not an accountant. I do know a few tho, I'll ask around for you.

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
So did you have insurance? if not write it off on your taxes for a total loss.
I think you have to be self employed and the vehicle would have to be owned by the business. I don't know though. I had all my equipment insured for the replacement cost. Every dime i spent on repair or replacement was a write off.

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Do not listen to this person!!!! :icon_rofl:

Somebody that doesn't pay their debts can't be trusted and thru their owm admission they have been sued TWICE lol, but it's all good. :icon_cheers:

I pay my bills. I am not going to pay those on principle.

that doesn't change what I said. 1 of GM parts suppliers owes me $250,000 for 90 days worth of work........ I have sued them, they have no money, so far they have paid me $10,000, I will never see the other $240,000.

I have a judgement for $250,000. they filed bankruptcy, I will never get paid.

this guy can sue for the $10,000 his truck is worth. He will prolly get a judgement. they can file bankruptcy and he will never get paid.

you can talk about wage garneshment all you want but the fact is the court costs behind it are too costly for $10,000 unless you are Friend of the Court or local, county, state, federal gov'ment office because then it is the tax payers paying the collection costs and governments play by different rules than what we have to play by.

R***A**N**G**E***R

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I pay my bills. I am not going to pay those on principle.

that doesn't change what I said. 1 of GM parts suppliers owes me $250,000 for 90 days worth of work........ I have sued them, they have no money, so far they have paid me $10,000, I will never see the other $240,000.

I have a judgement for $250,000. they filed bankruptcy, I will never get paid.

this guy can sue for the $10,000 his truck is worth. He will prolly get a judgement. they can file bankruptcy and he will never get paid.

you can talk about wage garneshment all you want but the fact is the court costs behind it are too costly for $10,000 unless you are Friend of the Court or local, county, state, federal gov'ment office because then it is the tax payers paying the collection costs and governments play by different rules than what we have to play by.
AHHHHHH YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS Banckrupcy IS the best way to have the LAST laugh,lol you are correct, federal bankruptcy laws prevents you from EVER collecting your un secured debt EVEN if you have a legal judgment against somebody.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals