• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Typical Trade Rules

Captain Ledd

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302, 2.3
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you're not making mistakes, you're not learning.
I'd go talk to his parents. Explain the whole thing to them.

Depending on how cool they are about it, trade them back. If not, then again, tell them to pound sand. Either way, Jr. is going to be waist deep in shit.

But for the most part, I think Jr. is out of luck and he'll have to deal with it.

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Even if you do deside to swap back, I'd tell him that you would think about it. Let him get the heat from his parents for a week, let him sweat and think twice next time. I'd sure be in agreement to tell him to pound sand but you might find your truck with some extensive damage some morning.
Dave

Mechanickid

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Well today I'm planning on removing the tires from my truck. I'll just trade them back no fuss no muss. I got a sweet deal on some Hercules HDT's from a much older and better friend.

http://www.herculestire.com/catalogHercules/herculesHDTbiasLug.asp

Four of those for 200$. 50$ a tire isn't bad.

I'll never trade again though just straight cash.

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Yeah, like was said, if he's under 18 then they are really his parents no matter what because he's not old enough to enter into a contract--verbal or otherwise.

Mechanickid

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I just found out from some friends that he IS 18. I'm sorry sir but go and kick rocks.

H munster

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984 Bronco II
Engine Size
2.8/ 4.0/ 4.0
Transmission
Manual
I just realized you are from wv. Me too. Morgantown originally. I have learned in my life that karma is a b@%ch and kids make mistakes. I would give them back and count it as a lesson learned. Let everyone know what happened but dont talk bad about him. Some day when you least expect it you will get a smoking deal on something you really need. my .02 cents

Dangeranger3

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I'd buy some locking lug nuts and tell him better luck next time.

ForOffRoadDriving

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
highschool can be a tough place to make deals. even if both kids are in agreement originally and then one kid gets all butt hurt that he made a bad deal there is really only one thing to do to ensure that both of you end up no worse off then you started. say you tell him to kick rocks and he understands he made a bad deal, but a couple of his buddies arent so quick to let it go. the two buddies decide to skip class while you and the kid you made the deal with have let it go and you go to class just like youre supposed to. fast forward a couple hours when you get out of school to hop in your truck and boogey on home to do your thing, when all of a sudden your windows are broken, youve got key scratches all over you hood, doors,fenders and roof and youre wheels and tires are missing. now youre going to be super pissed at the kid who made the deal with you, hes going to act like he has no idea what youre talking about, and all of a sudden youre both sitting in the back seats of two county sherrifs cars while they are trying to figure out why all this shit got started over a set of bald tires and some chrome rims. if you just trade back the wheels and tires you will have exactly what you did before, some bald tires and a set of rims that need new tires, instead of assault charges and a f***ed up truck.

kcm1582

Ford Technician
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Wow man, sounds like you have some personal experience in this. I'd offer him the option to switch back the wheels if he swapped the tires, but wouldn't push it to hard. If he gives you any crap about it just let a few people who cant be trusted with secrets know what happened

built2bashranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
he probley never told his parents nor did the notice. a few of is "smarter friends" probly pointed out how stupidof a deal he made or how retarded he was and just used that to scare you to death end fear a law suit

just remember if he does not have a recipte for the wheels the were never his and he would have a hell of a time gettin them back
this is what saved my a## on a set of new 33s my buddy gave me for a set of chrome wheels

adv5500

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
What did you end up doing?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals